Just got back from the Breeze/final payment question

lissajeff24

Hi y'all! Just got it back from my first cruise, a week on the Breeze and I loved it! I have questions about my final payment though. When I called to order the cheers drink package on the phone, prior to departure, something got messed up and it never went through so I had to pay for it on the boat. I had already applied cash to my sale and sign account but had to use my debit card to pay for the drink package. My final statement shows a total amount that will be debited from my card (the cost of the drink pkg. & a few more dollars) but when I log into my bank account, I see several random charges pending from carnival in random amounts. Any idea what that is about? I assumed I would see a pending charge for the total amount of $287 and some change but I don't.

Thanks!!!

Hi y'all! Just got it back from my first cruise, a week on the Breeze and I loved it! I have questions about my final payment though. When I called to order the cheers drink package on the phone, prior to departure, something got messed up and it never went through so I had to pay for it on the boat. I had already applied cash to my sale and sign account but had to use my debit card to pay for the drink package. My final statement shows a total amount that will be debited from my card (the cost of the drink pkg. & a few more dollars) but when I log into my bank account, I see several random charges pending from carnival in random amounts. Any idea what that is about? I assumed I would see a pending charge for the total amount of $287 and some change but I don't.

Thanks!!!

They put "holds" on your card to make sure you have enough the cover your charges. The bank is then sometimes slow in removing the holds even though Carnival has closed out your acct. That's why if you use a debit card you have to make sure you have way more than enough to cover the charges.

They put "holds" on your card to make sure you have enough the cover your charges. The bank is then sometimes slow in removing the holds even though Carnival has closed out your acct. That's why if you use a debit card you have to make sure you have way more than enough to cover the charges.

I do so it will sort itself out? Could I call Chase and ask them to sort it out? :D (Thanks for replying!)