New to Cunard - a couple questions QE

CCJack

We are booked on the June 24 QE Norwegian Fjords cruise. A couple of logistical questions..

1) Are the launderettes usually available.. the only cruise that we have ever been on with self serve laundry, they were always full.

2) Does Cunard have a laundry special - one bag of laundry. If so how much is it, and which days?

(we are trying to check only one bag each on the airline - thus may need to do some laundry.)

3) Disembarkation in Southampton... I presume this is similar to other ships in that we could be exiting the ship anytime between 7 am and 10am? Need to book a National Express coach - will try for about 10:30 am or so, will that work?

many thanks.

I found that often I had to wait to get a washer in the laundrette. I finally gave up wasting time washing my own clothes and sent them out. I was on a WV and we only had the bag specials infrequently. The bag cost $40 in 2014 (I could get about 20 items in the bag rolled very tightly).

I always found it really easy to wash my own clothes! Never had to wait.

Didn't have to pay so don't know about that...

As this is your first Cunard cruise this post may help you: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/11/06/8-things-you-should-know-before-cruising-with-cunard-2/ I really did enjoy my Cunard cruise but it was different to anything else I've been on before! Have a brilliant time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Go early to the laundrette and it's no problem. Her indoors just washes the smalls and we send out everything else, it's not expensive.

From time to time they offer 30 items for $40. If at all, it will be on the last two or three days.

As you are on holiday, take an extra $100 to cover the laundry bill and relax.

You have to register for self disembarkation if you want off early, otherwise, you have to wait your turn with QG first, then PG, then Diamond & Platinum, and then by deck.

Go early to the laundrette and it's no problem. Her indoors just washes the smalls and we send out everything else, it's not expensive.

From time to time they offer 30 items for $40. If at all, it will be on the last two or three days.

As you are on holiday, take an extra $100 to cover the laundry bill and relax.

You have to register for self disembarkation if you want off early, otherwise, you have to wait your turn with QG first, then PG, then Diamond & Platinum, and then by deck.

You can always grab a few sachets of free washing powder from one the launderettes and handwash your 'smalls' and dry them on the line in the shower.

We have used the Cunard transfers to Southampton from London from the Victoria Coach Station and we have used the transfer from Southampton to Heathrow. Both have worked very well for us. If you use Cunard's transfers then you wait for your time for your stateroom to disembark. But you can self disembark earlier. I think you have to let them know.

I always found it really easy to wash my own clothes! Never had to wait.

Didn't have to pay so don't know about that...

As this is your first Cunard cruise this post may help you: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/11/06/8-things-you-should-know-before-cruising-with-cunard-2/ I really did enjoy my Cunard cruise but it was different to anything else I've been on before! Have a brilliant time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All of thee replies have been very helpful... thanks to everyone. The article posted above also is very useful. We chose the cruise because of the ports of call and we were very limited on dates we could travel. It was our only choice.

We are looking forward to our first Cunard cruise and will have an open mind. I definitely enjoy set meal times and dining with a large group - part of the fun is meeting new people. We will follow the dress code, but certainly we are not the type who are concerned or upset with what others wear. Typically we like to change back into casual clothes following dinner, but just will have to keep my jacket on for the duration of the evening! I am looking forward mostly to see the traditional design of the ship and dark painted hull - rather than a big floating white box with neon signs !....

thanks again to all.