Second thread...Ft. Lauderdale

erRN2be

Looking for a decent/nice hotel on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale. Any suggestions from those of you whom have stayed.

Does the hotel have shuttle service from the airport and or to the cruise port?

I have tried looking up hotels, but would like some first hand experience especially from someone who has used one of the less commercialized places. Always like to utilize mom n pop places when they are up to par.

Again thanks for your suggestions

Chelle

You mean this one?... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/fllsb

It was clean last time I was in it, just old and a bit worn. It's fine for a night if you're on a budget and don't expect a 4 or 5-star experience.

The location isn't bad, right across the street from a nice beach, but being on the north end of Fort Lauderdale Beach it's a bit farther from both the airport and port than most like to stay. There are some restaurants and bars around it, and you can walk to a Water Taxi stop at the Doubletree Guest Suites (3 blocks west, across the bridge), and the Galleria Mall... http://www.galleriamall-fl.com/

In case you missed the other thread....

Now, if your willing to try another beach, say Hollywood Beach there are plenty of independent family owned motels and hotels directly on the beach. (IMHO the beach is the nicest in Broward County) ;)

Hollywood Beach is 15 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from Port Everglades.

http://www.hollywoodbeachhotels.com/

I stayed there last year and loved it! Beautiful private beach,tiki bar,HUGE pool,great dinner LOW price! Took a shuttle from there to port and the driver stopped so we could buy soda and other last minute stuff.I'd stay there again in a minute!

I stayed there last year and loved it! Beautiful private beach,tiki bar,HUGE pool,great dinner LOW price! Took a shuttle from there to port and the driver stopped so we could buy soda and other last minute stuff.I'd stay there again in a minute!

Different Holiday Inn... The above poster was asking about the Holiday Inn FORT LAUDERDALE Beach. ;)

Archived