Canadian exchange rate and info for pre-paid excursions

We haven't sailed with RCI in many years so I'm somewhat unfamiliar.

Princess charges for excursions after we're on board in US dollars, allowing my credit card company to make the conversion.

I've been receiving emails to pre-purchase excursions in Cdn dollars. They also state the length of the tour but not the time of day, making it difficult to plan the remainder of a port day.

We booked the cruise May 2016 and sail in Sep 2017. What exchange rate is RCI using for excursions?

Princess charges for excursions after we're on board in US dollars, allowing my credit card company to make the conversion.

I've been receiving emails to pre-purchase excursions in Cdn dollars. They also state the length of the tour but not the time of day, making it difficult to plan the remainder of a port day.

We booked the cruise May 2016 and sail in Sep 2017. What exchange rate is RCI using for excursions?

I find it is best to use my US dollar credit card(TD bank) if you have one and want to book in US dollars when you get on board. Call RCI to find out rate being used for CDN dollars - it will be about the same as the Bank rate - sometimes better because rate doesn't change constantly. When you get down to booking - end of procedure - times of excursions are given and you choose then. Do a dummy booking (if the web site ever gets fixed!) Sometimes there are two a day.

I find that the exchange rate for excursions booked online will vary leading up to the cruise. On one cruise I booked a couple of excursions then a couple of months later I noticed that the price was lower so I cancelled the original bookings and rebooked at the cheaper prices. I've also seen the reverse happens.

That being said, generally speaking it is about the same retail rate you'll get as if you were buying it in US dollars and charging it to your Canadian dollar credit card.

The only risk with booking onboard is that the excursion(s) you want may be sold out. It doesn't happen with all excursions or very often but it does happen.

Where in Nova Scotia are you located?