Vista Cruise April 2017

We will be on the Vista the last week of April. We return to Port in Miami 4-30-17 but our flight doesn't leave Ft Lauderdale until 6:30 PM. Thinking of getting a rental car for the day so we don't have to go the airport so soon and so we have some place to keep our luggage. What are your experiences with this and which rental car company did you use? Any other suggestions that might be better?

Thank You

Hey, my husband and I will be on that same sailing!

Now, as far as your question, the last time we were in Florida, we had the very same dilemma. What we ended up doing was renting a car from Enterprise. We then drove to the beautiful VIlla Vizcaya and spent a few hours touring the home and grounds. Then we got something to eat and returned the rental.

If you wanted to do a one-way rental, Alamo offers those. You could pick up your car at MIA, do a little sightseeing, and then return the car at FLL. It would cost you about $50.

Carnival also offers an Everglades tour with FLL airport transfer for $56 pp. We did that before. It was okay, but I feel we had a better experience when we just rented a car.

Edited by Nayola

We cruised Vista on January 28, 2017. We live in Charleston, SC, and fly to FLL nonstop on Jet Blue. This cruise, our flight home on Sunday was like yours, close to 7pm. We used MJS Transportation to take us from POM to FLL airport...$15.00pp. I rented a car thru Hotwire at the FLL airport for $15.00 plus tax...$30.00 for the day total. The car was from Hertz. We were dropped off at the car rental, with our luggage. We did a little sightseeing driving around Ft. Lauderdale, the took a 90 minute waterway tour of Ft. Lauderdale on The Jungle Queen. The houses and yachts of the rich and famous are a sight to see. Very nice tour. We had a nice dinner, and went back to the airport.