low salt diet

casperbks

I hope someone can help me, I am wondering do I email the diningroom to ask about a low salt diet? and how do I get the correct email address? I have one more question do they have a different menu for me to order from or how does that work???? thank you I am so worried about this !!!!!:cool:

I've done it where I just met with the maitre d on the first night. I had the same menu but the food was prepared differently. It really helped with cutting down the bloat that comes with the high salt ship food. But, word of warning.....if you ask for low salt or no salt, there will be no salt. DH food tasted infinitely better than mine did with the salt restriction.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs/dietary-needs.aspx

See the Hostess at embarkation when the Maitre 'd has hours. Hours will be in the FunTmes, usually starting around 1pm. The hostess will take that night's order. Each night the hostess or your waiter will bring you the next day's MDR menu-breakfast, brunch/lunch and dinner. If deciding between two entrees, order both. For brunch don't hesitate to order a breakfast and lunch if you want to eat both meals in the MDR.

For room service, they cannot make special for you but they can probably tell you what has less sodium.

Buffet-assume anything prepared is high in sodium.

You can only bring off commercially prepared food. No fruit etc. We bring cereal bars, boxes of cereal, bottled water, hard candy etc.

Many ports will check. Some will do a physical search, others use dogs. You do not want the cute Labrador to sit next to you. I've had them alert on my Lemonheads.

Also, you might want to drink bottled water instead of the tap water. The tap water is desalinized sea water

I drink about 64oz of water a day and have never had a problem drinking the ship water.

My ankles started to get swollen on cruises. So I decided to started eliminating items from my cruise meals. I have since stopped eating most soup and oatmeal. No more swollen ankles on ships.The soups are usually too salty and they add salt to the water for the oatmeal.

Also, you might want to drink bottled water instead of the tap water. The tap water is desalinized sea water

The salt is removed from the sea water. It's been desalinated.

I also had a no sodium diet in the MDR and believe me it was bland and did not taste good at all. Keep away from the buffet food with the exception of the salad, buffet food is loaded with sodium. Guy's burgers can be made with no salt added so can the french fries. Both my parents had high blood pressure so I know where you're coming from.

However it can be controlled to a point with diet and exercise(cardiovascular). I go to the gym and take the stairs as much as possible. Have a great time.

Gary