Time Change While Cruising?

sunshine72777

Hi Everybody. The search capability isn't working right for some reason so in advance I apologize if this topic has been hashed over before.

Quick Question - - Will we need to worry about the time change while traveling? A friend and I are on the 3 Dec Triumph sailing to San Juan, St. Thomas & St. Martin. I realize all of these islands are an hour off of Miami's time. So, should we adjust our watches upon docking in San Juan?

There's no straight answer to this. On some ships they change the time on board to reflect the time zone change and on other ships, even ones from the same line, they keep the same time for the entire cruise. It's all up to the captain. You'll have to wait until you get on board to see what the captain decides

We were on the Golden on the day the time changed. We left the clocks as they were (no time change). So in San Juan there is a one hour time difference from East Coast. Check out http://cgi.netscape.com/cgi-bin/international/what_time2.cgi?tz=hong+kong&Go.x=16&Go.y=10

it is a time zone converter.

You will be notified in the ship's daily when to change your watch time. On a recent cruise to the Mexican Riviera, we had 5 time changes over a ten day period. The fifth time change was necessary because Daylight Savings Time disappeared on the last Sunday of the month. We never got used to the time changes during the cruise.

Archived