Internet Still not working on the Diamond?

bunky144

Have not seen any recent posts for the Diamond this week, has the internet not been working? Would like to know as that is how I communicate with my 78 year old mother who lives with us, just want to make sure she is ok, any suggestions?

2003 November Golden Princess

2004 February Grand Princess

2004 June Diamond Princess

You could send a fax to the ship requesting that she call you from Ketchikan tomorrow, but it is pricy for her to receive it. There are phone booths near the ship docks. Expect around $10-$14 per page (not certain).

Majesty of the Seas (2)

Norwegian Dawn

Monarch of the Seas

Diamond Princess Alaska

Grand Princess 9/04

I was thinking the same thing! Seems like we would have heard from someone on the Diamond this week, after the fateful cruise the previous week. In addition to whether the internet is operable (I have same concerns about staying in touch that way w/family), I'd like to hear how the itinerary is progressing for the passengers this week. We sail on Diamond 6/5 and it's our first cruise. With all that went on last week on Diamond, I need a few days to prepare myself if we're going to encounter crashes, viral outbreaks, quarantines, missed ports, etc. when we sail this wkend.

THere's good internet access in Ketchikan. In the Sawmill mall (?) as I recall that name, at the far right side of the dock near the Lumberjack show, there is internet available for a small fee on the second floor. That doesn't do you any good for contacting her, but she could e-mail you. Nancy

We have heard from Lydabaker as of 5/31

Diamond thread this week

Life is at it's best when your address floats

Two MORE open Bookings.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Maybe it's a common problem w/Princess right now in Alaska as we were without internet for more than half our cruise in May on the Coral.

Carnival Spirit 12/10/03

Coral Princess 5/15/04

After my experience on the Diamond, I can tell you the problem is simply that Princess is not putting resources into their internet connectivity. It was down half the time when I was on Diamond, and there standard response was "it's the satellite". Well that's impossible when you are constantly 30-40 miles off the shore of the west coast. They do not program their network equipment correctly, plain and simple.. and it would not be hard to do. It was extremely frustrating for those of us who need to be connected from time to time...and even more frustrating when they would charge you as soon as you swiped your card and then there'd be no connection and you'd have to go to the purser's desk to get it corrected. Princess in very un-internet friendly.

Archived