Pelican Beach Resort - Fort Lauderdale?

jimbug

Thanks Bequia...I did go ahead and book it. The price came down dramatically from when I checked a couple of months ago. I hate traveling during "peak" season--everything is so expensive! Anyhow, it didn't give me a choice on old or new tower. I'm just going to ask for the new one when we show up and hope it's available.

Pelican Beach is a great hotel, but you should call now and confirm you got the NEW tower. There is a HUGE difference between the new tower and the old building. The new tower is WONDERFUL! I don't recommend the old one (IMO, there's a reason they don't show it on the website).

I believe the "choice" between the new and old has to do with the rate you book. The new is, or was, quite a bit more expensive, but do call to confirm. The new tower is well worth paying more for.

Well the old tower is just that, OLD... And it's nothing at all like the new tower that's featured on their website.

You can try e-mailing them, there's a link under "Contact Us" on their webpage... http://www.pelicanbeach.com/

Or invest in a phone call... When you see the 2 buildings in person, you will NOT want to be in the old one.

we've been to florida several times pre and post cruise. we normally stay at the marriott harbor beach (gorgeous), the fountainbleu (miami), but pelican beach was hands down the nicest hotel we've ever been to. if you do a search on this board you'll find my review from last july. or.... go to trip advisor and read some of the reviews. if there are any negative reviews....that's because the people more than likely were in the older section.

we ate in every restaurant and the food was not only great but well priced. the beach i beautiful and well maintained. we had a suite AWESOME.

if i HAD to complain.....it would be that the pool area was small. we were there in july and it was crowded. during the season...i can only imagine but they do have a lazy river AND let's not forget the beach.

Archived