Queen bedded room question

Jante

Has any one stayed in a "queen bed" room? Was it really a queen sized bed, or just a full (double). Booked on the Spirit in 2007 when it starts leaving out of NYC. I love the idea of one bed (so no one ends up in the inevitable crack) but now I'm worried the bed will be too small.

Jante,

Other than in a real suite, owners etc., the queens are two singles put together with a single bottom sheet. An egg crate sort of eliminates the crack between the two individual beds, but you still have two individual beds. Having said that, I've never fell through the crack, regardless of the activities going on the faux queen bed.:eek:

On my last cruise, I think I had one of those fake queen beds. It looked like one mattress to me and the bed was wedged in such a way that it would have been impossible to pull them a part even if it was 2 beds, like they could have on my other cruises.

Saying that, I felt the size was no smaller than the 2 singles together (and with the bonus of no crack).

Archived