Docking in Seattle

Sequim88

No this isn't a "what time do we dock so I can catch might flight" question. ;) I am trying to estimate what time a 7am scheduled arrival really arrives in Seattle and if this is pretty consistent. So far examining archive shots from the Space Needle camera last year Amsterdam arrived very reliably at 6:10 am on June 12,19 and 26 (and I hope we have as spectacular mornings this year as last year!). So hopefully Oosterdam will be similarly punctual.

Reason for wanting to know is I plan to catch MS Oosterdam on its first return this year from Alaska as it passes Edmonds, WA and take some pictures. I'm guessing it will pass by there about 5:00 am. Any early birds out there arrive on Amsterdam last year and recall what time you passed the south end of Whidbey Is.?

I would think the arrival time would be pretty much the same as in previous years. Before retirement, I worked in a Federal building that had outside surveillance cameras. I could see the various cruise ships coming around Discovery Park. 99% of the ships would come into view around 6am and be tied up at either Smith Cove or Bell Street Pier by 6:30 or 7 at the very latest. We do a lot of camping at Fort Casey State Park and knowing that the ships leave Seattle around 4PM, I have learned that they come into view around 6pm and pass Fort Casey close to 6:30. Always fun to see the cruise ships playing follow-the-leader up Admiralty Inlet.

No this isn't a "what time do we dock so I can catch might flight" question. ;) I am trying to estimate what time a 7am scheduled arrival really arrives in Seattle and if this is pretty consistent. So far examining archive shots from the Space Needle camera last year Amsterdam arrived very reliably at 6:10 am on June 12,19 and 26 (and I hope we have as spectacular mornings this year as last year!). So hopefully Oosterdam will be similarly punctual.

Reason for wanting to know is I plan to catch MS Oosterdam on its first return this year from Alaska as it passes Edmonds, WA and take some pictures. I'm guessing it will pass by there about 5:00 am. Any early birds out there arrive on Amsterdam last year and recall what time you passed the south end of Whidbey Is.?

Use marinetraffic to follow it. It will show you where the boat is in real time.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:260088/imo:9221281/mmsi:245417000/vessel:OOSTERDAM

Departure from Victoria, BC, OSDM's port prior to returning to Seattle on this run, always hovers around midnight. After getting back in open sea, it's a pretty straightforward shot (and a short night for her crew) to Seattle and Pier 91/Smith Cove. So that 0500 Edmonds, WA passing is usually on the money

Pwtwa,

Wow - did not know Point No Point had a web cam. That's cool. I remember as a kid seeing that light from Picnic Point near Mukilteo. Back before the pedestrian bridge over the tracks and you had to dodge the trains to get to he beach. That link just got bookmarked. Thanks.

I live in Richmond Beach just a couple of miles south of Edmonds and see ship traffic from all my rooms. Most cruise ships pass here around 5:20 - 5:30 am toward Seattle. Edmonds at 5:00 am seems right on target. I curse Menopause insomnia every time i see one heading south at 5:20 am! Much more fun to watch heading to Alaska at in the afternoon