Allure's sun deck for suite guests...

My workaholic, kinda introverted, and (somewhat) crowd-adverse DH is actually considering going on an upcoming cruise with me and our 9-year-old son! YAY!! I want him to LOVE it, so If he decides to go, we'd need to upgrade to a suite for the reason of more space for him....but I have a couple questions first:

1) I've googled, but unable to verify any info or pictures about this private deck for suites. Even on RCCL website I can't find info.? I've read it has cabanas? Does it have a small pool or hot tub? Music? I assume there's a bar?

2) Most important question, are kids allowed on this deck? If so, would they be a little bored? I'm not expecting a party, but looking for a nice, peaceful escape from the crowds with some fun, too.

I really think hubby would enjoy himself, despite the crowds if we could escape to a suite after say, climbing the rock wall or trying to surf. Any info from anyone who has been in a similar situation would be great!! Thank you!!!

My workaholic, kinda introverted, and (somewhat) crowd-adverse DH is actually considering going on an upcoming cruise with me and our 9-year-old son! YAY!! I want him to LOVE it, so If he decides to go, we'd need to upgrade to a suite for the reason of more space for him....but I have a couple questions first:

1) I've googled, but unable to verify any info or pictures about this private deck for suites. Even on RCCL website I can't find info.? I've read it has cabanas? Does it have a small pool or hot tub? Music? I assume there's a bar?

2) Most important question, are kids allowed on this deck? If so, would they be a little bored? I'm not expecting a party, but looking for a nice, peaceful escape from the crowds with some fun, too.

I really think hubby would enjoy himself, despite the crowds if we could escape to a suite after say, climbing the rock wall or trying to surf. Any info from anyone who has been in a similar situation would be great!! Thank you!!!

Absolutely love the sun deck! It has plenty of cushioned loungers, I think about 6 cabanas, plenty of wicker furniture and some pub tables. There's a bar but no pool or music. A child is welcome but will be bored stiff.

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

Many photos here. Hate to disagree with you, setsail, but I was just there. Definitely more than 4 cabanas. The cabanas weren't often in use either as we got one every sea day. The bartender also delivers to the cabanas when he's bored 👍

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/allure-of-the-seas-530/suite-sun-deck-175941/suite-sun-deck--v9447377/

Many photos here. Hate to disagree with you, setsail, but I was just there. Definitely more than 4 cabanas. The cabanas weren't often in use either as we got one every sea day. The bartender also delivers to the cabanas when he's bored 👍

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/allure-of-the-seas-530/suite-sun-deck-175941/suite-sun-deck--v9447377/

That's fine, I could not remember the exact #

The suite area is on the deck above the Solarium. There is a bar and cabanas, but no pool or hot tub. Music is whatever drifts up from the pool deck. Kids are allowed.
Bob was just on Harmony and low and behold a hot tub on the suite deck, a first!....:D

On Allure now....4 private cabanas...1st come, 1st serve. Cabanas overlook the solarium. There is a cove on each side with some chairs. Bar, towels, no music or pool..but many loungers! There were several kids up there yesterday getting cokes and chips that are provided, but remember it's spring break. They ate chips and sat there about 5 minutes and left. (Their semi-used towels remained). I've only seen chair hogs once this cruise, and their party was there within the hour so it wasn't a big deal. It's also great for sailaway from Ft. Lauderdale if you're in a starboard suite and want to see the condos as you depart.

It's so nice up there - you'll love it. Book it!

On Allure now....4 private cabanas...1st come, 1st serve. Cabanas overlook the solarium. There is a cove on each side with some chairs. Bar, towels, no music or pool..but many loungers! There were several kids up there yesterday getting cokes and chips that are provided, but remember it's spring break. They ate chips and sat there about 5 minutes and left. (Their semi-used towels remained). I've only seen chair hogs once this cruise, and their party was there within the hour so it wasn't a big deal. It's also great for sailaway from Ft. Lauderdale if you're in a starboard suite and want to see the condos as you depart.

It's so nice up there - you'll love it. Book it!

Shoot, I was wrong! Are you sure there's only 4? It seemed like more. It does get pretty hot in the suites but I like it hot. There's a cool shower up there if you get too hot. My only complaint about the suites sun deck is there was a lot of smoking going on up there during my cruise. The bar area was emphysema central!