New to RC.... What ship compares to the new Symphony of the Seas?

Hi, so I've only done RC once and on their small ship 8yrs ago) just booked a Mediterranean sailing for 10/14/18.

What is a comparable ship so I can check it out.

Also, do the cabins have closets that hold your dresses? They seem shirt from the pics I see.

Any tips about cabins, so's, dont's, would be awesome! Thanks! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ship most similar will be Harmony. The other Oasis class ships are Allure and Oasis - they are similar in size and general facilities. All the ships have slight differences though.

I have sailed on Allure and Harmony and had no issue with hanging dresses, there was plenty of room.

Cabin wise it does depend what you want - interior, oceanview, neighbourhood view, balcony, suite etc. I generally stay in suites and have stayed on decks 7 and 9 near the aft set of elevators. Both were great locations. I have also had a forward facing oceanview on deck 9 which was lovely, larger than the standard oceanview and in a very quiet location.

The ship most similar will be Harmony. The other Oasis class ships are Allure and Oasis - they are similar in size and general facilities. All the ships have slight differences though.

I have sailed on Allure and Harmony and had no issue with hanging dresses, there was plenty of room.

Cabin wise it does depend what you want - interior, oceanview, neighbourhood view, balcony, suite etc. I generally stay in suites and have stayed on decks 7 and 9 near the aft set of elevators. Both were great locations. I have also had a forward facing oceanview on deck 9 which was lovely, larger than the standard oceanview and in a very quiet location.

Thank you for your reply.

We actually booked an ocean balcony on deck 8 mid ship. Is there any tips for the cabin such as do you bring extra hangers, or magnetic hooks for hanging hats and such...

So the closets are long? From pictures they seem short.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for your reply.

We actually booked an ocean balcony on deck 8 mid ship. Is there any tips for the cabin such as do you bring extra hangers, or magnetic hooks for hanging hats and such...

So the closets are long? From pictures they seem short.

That sounds like a great location - easy access to Central Park area, which is one of my favourite spots on Oasis class ships. I have never needed extra hangers but if you do, ask your cabin attendant. I don't wear hats so cannot answer that but I guess you could. I am sure people who have stayed in balcony cabins will let you know if there are any specific things that you might benefit from bringing but I have always found everything I have needed is already there.

As I said, I have never had an issue hanging dresses in the cabins I have stayed in... I mean, I am only 5'4'', so my dresses aren't like 6' long or anything ;)

That sounds like a great location - easy access to Central Park area, which is one of my favourite spots on Oasis class ships. I have never needed extra hangers but if you do, ask your cabin attendant. I don't wear hats so cannot answer that but I guess you could. I am sure people who have stayed in balcony cabins will let you know if there are any specific things that you might benefit from bringing but I have always found everything I have needed is already there.

As I said, I have never had an issue hanging dresses in the cabins I have stayed in... I mean, I am only 5'4'', so my dresses aren't like 6' long or anything ;)

Lol good to know about the closets..... I'm the same height and I do bring long dresses. The closets just looked short. Carnival gives us to large closets to hand and one large with shelves... I'm just use to that I guess and want to be prepared for the RCI cabin.

Thank you again for your replies! [emoji3]