Sailing Liberty - advice on Dolphin encounters in ports

Hi! We are sailing the Liberty in a week and have ports in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica. Has anyone gone on the dolphin encounters in any of these locations? If we were to book one, is one location better than the others? It is me, my husband, and our 6 year old daughter. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH, DD (4) and myself did the Dolphin Push, Pull and Swim in Grand Cayman. It was great! Such a great memory for all of us. Getting setup and into the water was a little chaotic, but the actual experience once you're in the water was great.

They make you take all your accessories off, hats, jewelry, watches, wedding rings and put them in a locker. Not sure why, I'm assuming they don't want to be liable in case something falls in the pool. I didn't really like taking my ring off and turns out DH didn't take his off and they didn't say anything to him. Someone made me turn around and put mine away. DH got separated from DD and I in the beginning, not sure how, it was chaotic, like I mentioned a lot of people moving in different directions and Dolphin Discovery people breaking everyone up into small groups. Everything was still in the locker when we were done, so it wasn't a big deal.

They have a snack stand onsite so you can get food if you need to before you have to get back on the bus to the port.

Photos are taken by a professional and you can't take your own. They have you look at your pictures on your way out and then you decide if you want them or not. They charge based on number of people in the photos. The cheapest was one pic of one person for $35 i believe. It was $180 for all the pics of the three of us. We got over 70 pics. It's a lot of money, but it's a once in a lifetime experience and DH and I wanted the pictures to remember it.

We did the same excursion in Cozumel. We really enjoyed it and had a great time. It wasn't as chaotic for us. We did buy the photo CD for like $100 (I think). I knew from here that this would be the case and was prepared to pay it. For us it was an experience that we didn't know when we would have again so we wanted the photos.

When we finished we grabbed a bite to each and had time to explore the park before departing for the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums