What was done for the Pearl's refurbishment?

mickeysgal

Sailed on the Pearl March 3. It appeared that most of the changes were in cosmetics - paint, drapes, carpet, perhaps some art. There appeared to be a new small shallow wall unit to which the TV was attached ( balcony cabin) which was virtually useless since it was so shallow. Since I haven't sailed on the Pearl in several years, these may be from a previous refurbishment. There are still a lot of broken seats throughout the ship (theater, Spinnaker Lounge and library) which was surprising since she had just come out of dry dock. The ship, overall, looks refreshed, however. It's look is a nice mix of traditional and contemporary.

This is disappointing to read. I was on the Pearl last year and so many theatre seats were in disarray. In addition, some were broken and the space for a persons legs seemed really, really small. My friends and I tried quite a few but ran out of time lol We never returned for another show.

I am really surprised that NCL didn't do something with the theatre; I'd would think comfort would trump aesthetics on some things.

Sailed on the Pearl March 3. It appeared that most of the changes were in cosmetics - paint, drapes, carpet, perhaps some art. There appeared to be a new small shallow wall unit to which the TV was attached ( balcony cabin) which was virtually useless since it was so shallow. Since I haven't sailed on the Pearl in several years, these may be from a previous refurbishment. There are still a lot of broken seats throughout the ship (theater, Spinnaker Lounge and library) which was surprising since she had just come out of dry dock. The ship, overall, looks refreshed, however. It's look is a nice mix of traditional and contemporary.