Price drop....Too late for us!

jenny wren

Three weeks ago we booked our first cruise with Cunard on QM2 roundtrip from Southampton to Halifax and New York and back.

We paid £1289 for an Early Saver fare........Today we could buy the same cruise as a Select Fare direct from Cunard for £1099.

So in fact the Early Saver fare is not saving anything at all and has made us think it is very misleading, what do others think?

The point I was trying to make was that the term Early Saver is misleading if you can buy a Select Fare cheaper 3 weeks later!!!

Pay what you think is fair then don't look back. The very last minute bargains will always beat what you paid, but you also run the risk of a sold out voyage and you are left high and dry. If you haven't made final payment and are working with a TA, you may be able to cancel and rebook (we have done this several times here in the U.S.). In any case, enjoy your voyage on the beautiful QM2!

Three weeks ago we booked our first cruise with Cunard on QM2 roundtrip from Southampton to Halifax and New York and back.

We paid £1289 for an Early Saver fare........Today we could buy the same cruise as a Select Fare direct from Cunard for £1099.

So in fact the Early Saver fare is not saving anything at all and has made us think it is very misleading, what do others think?

It is annoying when they say things like early saver or early booking discount and then go and discount more when the saver fare comes out, but for a select fare to become cheaper is very rare? Have you compared like for like on the cabin grade?

I find It's best not to look once booked but the temptation is hard not too.

I'm watching fares for August 2018 at the moment but they are not moving for the ones we want others are tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No Toad of toad Hall, the select fare was dearer at the time we booked....

Jason...the cruise is in June so not last minute....we don't normally look after booking but had an email offering Cunards latest deals and there it was....unfortunately we paid the full amount when booking so will just have to grin and bear it.....perhaps we will get a nice upgrade, ha ha! In 35 cruises we've not had one yet!!!:D

No Toad of toad Hall, the select fare was dearer at the time we booked....

Jason...the cruise is in June so not last minute....we don't normally look after booking but had an email offering Cunards latest deals and there it was....unfortunately we paid the full amount when booking so will just have to grin and bear it.....perhaps we will get a nice upgrade, ha ha! In 35 cruises we've not had one yet!!!:D

Same here on the upgrades, cause we need a accessible cabin and they are as rare as hens teeth so we've never had one..[emoji45] and on one cruise they upgraded someone to a higher grade cabin but that was a accessible to someone who did not need it.!!! We live in hope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally, I always go back to securing the best cabin location as I can get. Gave up a good fare for BZ guarantee as I did not want to be upset at the last minute.... why? I like to walk stairs in lower decks & then mark NO upgrade. Seems silly for me to start saving after cruise fare & flights. :cool: