Please help with back-to-back cruise question

If we. change cabins on b2b will we have access to our new cabin before 1:00 on harmony . Any recent experiences.

Speak to your future stateroom attendant during the first cruise. Work something out.

It sounds as though the people who have posted have had easy and positive experiences on the back to back cruises. Trust me, they do not always go that way. I did one yesterday. First we were told we could stay on the ship, a few minutes later we were ordered off the ship. Then we were told we could stay in the "lounge" at the terminal. We got off at 9 a.m. and found there was no lounge. There was just the huge area with hard chairs that handled hundreds of people waiting to get on the ship----as general boarding had not started, we, two, were the only ones in the area except for occasional staff passing through. At 11 a.m. we were allowed to go through security and reboard the ship. We were not allowed in our cabins until 1:30 p.m. Then I found the room key did not work. After the 5th visit to the guest services desk (each time I was assured the key would now work), a wonderful woman at the desk, whom I had not met before, said she was coming with me to make certain the key problem was now fixed. Guess what? They key didn't work. However, now I had a staff person who actually handled things, had maintenance come and fix the problem. So, the whole process from getting off the ship to actually getting into the cabin on this back to back took over 5 hours. Fortunately it appears that this was a real exception to the usual process.

We just did a b2b on Adventure out of San Juan. We had the same room so no packing and moving. We had to meet in the Imperial lounge at 10:45 where they "checked us off the ship" then issued our new seapass & dinged us back in. We had to present our passport & customs doc to an agent in the lounge. We did not have to leave the ship... customs boarded the ship instead & cleared everyone. I was told that if I wanted to leave the ship before the 10:45 meeting, I could and my new seapass would be given to me as I left ( they were in an envelope at the exit door). I would have to walk through the customs line with everyone else and have my passport & signed custom papers ready but no luggage necessary. When we returned, we could just bypass the lines by showing them a little card they gave us and our seapass. If we opted to stay onboard, we had access to our room the whole day. The maid told us how to get through the "locked" doors. San Juan terminal has the b2b process figured out!! So easy!

One bit of info... once you are cleared in the Imperial Lounge and given your new seapass...just hang out there about 10 min OR be the first ones in line & high tail it out because the ship does a "fire drill" around the time you are cleared & all the doors, elevators, firewalls, etc SHUT and you cannot go anywhere. We exited the Imperial and the doorways to the Promanade shut in front of us so we just stood there & waited. The couple in front of us made it through the first set of doors but then were trapped between another set. A little scary if you didn't know what was going on.

They give you a free lunch at Giovanni's if you're doing a B2B? Do you know if that's the policy on Harmony?

The lunchbin a specialty restraunt dependsnon the amount of b2b cruisers. Allure in june 2016 we had lunchbin giovannis from a limited menu. Then 4 months later in October did a b2b and had lunch in mdr. This time there was quiet a few b2b cruisers and we had the lunch in mdr. Lunch was not anything special so am not going to lunch on b2b if it's in the mdr. Also have done b2b on freedom and indy and lunch was in specialty restraunt both times.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

If we. change cabins on b2b will we have access to our new cabin before 1:00 on harmony . Any recent experiences.

Of course you will. Room attendants know who are b2b and do those rooms asap. You have free access to the hallways and your room once you check in for 2 no cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums