New MSC Divina Cruiser Questions

mombg20062009

I have a few questions that I have not found the answer to while looking through these threads.

1. Are there self-laundry areas on the ship? I am considering a laundry package, but I just wanted to know if I have an option to do it myself:)

2. With the kids club, I don't want to give my kids permission to leave the club on their own. But, if they would like to leave, do the kids have the option of asking the crew at the kids club to call us (the parents)? And, do parents get some type of beeper/phone to use while the kids are in the kids club?

3. There are only 9-12 shore excursions listed per port for our May 27th cruise. In your experience, will more excursions be available on board at the time of sailing?

Thanks in advance for your help:)

I have a few questions that I have not found the answer to while looking through these threads.

1. Are there self-laundry areas on the ship? I am considering a laundry package, but I just wanted to know if I have an option to do it myself:)

2. With the kids club, I don't want to give my kids permission to leave the club on their own. But, if they would like to leave, do the kids have the option of asking the crew at the kids club to call us (the parents)? And, do parents get some type of beeper/phone to use while the kids are in the kids club?

3. There are only 9-12 shore excursions listed per port for our May 27th cruise. In your experience, will more excursions be available on board at the time of sailing?

Thanks in advance for your help:)

1. There are no laundry facilities available on the Divina.

2. Can't help you but others will respond.

3. No more shore excursions will be available unless you design and book your own outside of the ones MSC provides. There are a lot of private tour guides available at all the [ports who will be glad to give you a private tour. We like and have done a lot of these in the Caribbean

They won't let your kids leave on their own, and a person over 18 must sign them out. Im not sure how they would call you? Unless you are hanging out in your room, Im not sure how they would get a hold of you.

Thank you for the responses. I may not have been clear about the kids club question. The online registration for the kids club allows kids above the age of 7 or 8 to leave on their own IF the parents sign up for that. I do not want to do that. I have only sailed with kids on Disney. On Disney, the parents were given a "phone" that they keep for the week. When a child is ready to leave or the kids staff needs a parent, they just call the phone. Does MSC offer anything similar to that? I know my kids will be more willing to try the kids club if they know in advance that they can get a hold of me anytime if needed. Thanks so much for your help. We're looking forward to this trip and trying to make a plan of action:)