taxi from port in barcelona to tarragona

HI! I was wondering if anyone has information on taking a taxi to Tarragona from the port in Barcelona and maybe the cost? We are hoping to see Tarragona 2 days post cruise if distance from el Prat and the cost of a taxi are reasonable. If not, does anyone have some ideas from us, as we will be in Barcelona 3 days pre cruise, and were hoping to see a bit more of Spain.

Thanks,

Barbara

We had an unplanned stay in Tarragona Spain last month courtesy of RCCL after a fishermen's strike in Spain blockaded the port of Barcelona. Can't tell you much about the city as we arrived there at 130 am and left the following day at around noon. I do know it is 94km or aproximately 60 miles from Barcelona.

We did have to take a cab back to the airport in Barcelona and the cost was approx $170 Euros one way which included cab fare, tolls and a tip for the driver. Actually, the driver was great and if you want I have his phone number. He does speak some English. The hotel we were at was also very nice. Don't know what the cost is as RCCL paid for the room. It was called the Eurostars Tarraco. I think it might be hard to get a cab at the port as many of the drivers do not speak English. I understand there is a train that also goes to Tarragona from Barcelona but it is not very easy to do if you have luggage to contend with.

Archived