Searching for cruise on website

colorfulstorm

I logged into the website today to look for another cruise to book. It asked me if I wanted to try an updated version to search for my cruise. It consists of a shopping cart feature. I took the bait and now when you go to book something it automatically puts in the room for you with no options of letting you choose a deck or a room. From what I can gather it gives you the best rate available using your VIFP number. I hate this version. Has anyone else tried this and does anyone know how to revert back to the old version? I can't find any information.

I logged into the website today to look for another cruise to book. It asked me if I wanted to try an updated version to search for my cruise. It consists of a shopping cart feature. I took the bait and now when you go to book something it automatically puts in the room for you with no options of letting you choose a deck or a room. From what I can gather it gives you the best rate available using your VIFP number. I hate this version. Has anyone else tried this and does anyone know how to revert back to the old version? I can't find any information.

I tried it over the weekend but it does not give you a past guest rate.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Search for a cruise, pick one, then on the next page, click Explore Room Options. Do not add to cart yet. After choosing your room type (e.g. Interior), under the red avg price per person, there's a blue button that says Choose Room Location. A pop-up window opens and along the left side of this new window, you can choose your promotional deal (e.g. Early Saver, etc.), your preferred section (front, mid, back), and choose a deck & room.

As far as reverting back to the old way, I deleted all of my browser's cookies for Carnival's site and when I went back to it, it gave me the choice of using the new or old way again. That is, if you're comfortable with clearing your cookies either for the entire browser or just Carnival's.