What's The Earliest You've Received An Upgrade/Upsell Call?

NewAddict

Just curious.....if/when they do call, is it a really good deal for the upgrade? We booked inner rooms only because I'd rather save my money and spend it another way. HOWEVER if the price is right and too good to pass up, I may be able to be persuaded into a better room........

Just curious.....if/when they do call, is it a really good deal for the upgrade? We booked inner rooms only because I'd rather save my money and spend it another way. HOWEVER if the price is right and too good to pass up, I may be able to be persuaded into a better room........

Totally agree!

Has anyone received the call that booked through a travel agent?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, for so many of you with many cruises, I guess the calls must really be random.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Forums mobile app

It doesn't matter who you booked through. We have gotten one upgrade (free) when booked through a travel agent. Six balcony cabins on the Empress deck upgraded to the Panorama Deck.

As for the amount of cruises, it's based on supply and demand. If they have empty balcony cabins or suites that are sitting empty and aren't selling, yet people want insides on the Riviera Deck, they will offer the balcony cabins or suites (lately all at upsell rather than free upgrades) in order to free up the cheaper cabins. They do this in order to sell as many cabins as possible.

From what I've read on here lately, the price offered for an upsell hasn't been that great of a deal. It's usually what you would have paid for that cabin originally.

We always book on the Panorama Deck. That being a higher cost area, we probably never will get upgraded or offered an upsell. They know that people that book up there do it because that's where they want to be.

I am going on my first cruise this coming Monday -- got a call yesterday. Wanted me to pay $360 to go from a porthole cabin to a balcony. I didn't feel that was a steal so I said no. Seemed quite a bit to me.

Would take a pass as well.