Jewel disimbarkation in Civitavecchia

We will be leaving the Jewel in October. We are in a suite and would like to book transport from Civitavecchia to Positano. From your experiences, what time should we expect to be off the ship, and when would be a safe time frame to book our transportation.

Thanks for your help.:cool:

I agree with gagirl. On our Jewel cruise last September we used express departure (They take your bags but you get a very low departure number). We were off the ship by 6:40 am and sitting at Mcdonalds in DaVinci airport by 8:15 am. So depending on how leisurely you want about departure, they timing of the transfer is pretty much up to you. Just make sure you get a low disembarkation number (Guest Services can help if need be).

Ship gets in very early and you can be off as early as 6:30. I would book a private car for 8:30 or 9:00.

True the ship gets in early but that is no guarantee that the Italian authorities will clear it early.

Last year I was on the Jewel TA and booked a 9:00 train . The Italian customs came on about 7:30 and then had coffee for a half hour or so. Departure started after 8 and I was in the first group and was willing to run down the stairs with my suitcase and not wait for the elevator. By luck I found a taxi outside the port willing to go to the station. Since I had my online tickets I was able to run through the station and I got to the platform at 8:55 after a near nervous breakdown and a heart attack.

Sure this doesn't happen every day but why chance it. Don't book before 10 and have an espresso at the station

True the ship gets in early but that is no guarantee that the Italian authorities will clear it early.

Last year I was on the Jewel TA and booked a 9:00 train . The Italian customs came on about 7:30 and then had coffee for a half hour or so. Departure started after 8 and I was in the first group and was willing to run down the stairs with my suitcase and not wait for the elevator. By luck I found a taxi outside the port willing to go to the station. Since I had my online tickets I was able to run through the station and I got to the platform at 8:55 after a near nervous breakdown and a heart attack.

Sure this doesn't happen every day but why chance it. Don't book before 10 and have an espresso at the station

I wonder if TA's are different than normal closed loop cruises. We were on the Rhapsody and got a call at 8:30am wondering when we will leave the ship. Normally, we leave around 9am, but 8:30 put us as the last to leave the ship. And we had no checks getting off, other than the SeaPass bing.

We didn't pre-book a train- we just had a plan on which one we would shoot for.

Exactly what I was going to say. The TA requires customs but I read the OP as taking a cruise totally within the EU. No customs required on departure. Our flight was 10:25 am out of DaVinci (a full half hour earlier than recommended by RCL) and we were also jittery about timing. OP should make a car reservation depending on plans in Positano. More wiggle room is better (and a more leisurely breakfast).