Naples Port Call - Excursion Recommendation

nolegirl01

Hey Everyone,

We are booked on the Epic cruise on Oct. 29 and one of our port calls is Naples. My husband and I were wanting to see Mt. Vesuvius, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. I was going through NCL's website looking at the excursions but saw that they only offer one excursion to Mt. Vesuvius/Pompeii and another to the Amalfi coast but not both.

I was wondering if you guys recommend maybe a third party tour company that might offer excursions like the one we want or just a great tour company in general.

It's our first time going to Europe so husband is a bit weary of booking a tour with a third party company rather than through the Cruise line, so in order for me to convince him, I told him I would ask my wonderful friends here at Cruise Critic for their recommendation on a great, safe, trust worthy tour company. I know that prices are cheaper booking through a third party rather than the cruise line so that helps my case! ;)

Thank you all in advance! :D

Darn. We did a NCL excursion several years agio which was A combined Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast drive. It was a wonderful day. We saw Mt V from a distance which was fine for us.

I would not miss either Pompeii for its historical significance nor the Amalfi Cosat Drive which was scenically beautiful. Our stop in Positano was heaven. Eating pizza and sipping on Leoncello was nice!!! Such a great memory.

Maybe someone can recommend a 3rd party company that offers something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Used Blue Grotto Tours. $500 for 4. Private car & private guide. He was fabulous. Did did Blue Grotto, Isle of Capri, Sorrento, Pompeii, & brief drive thru of Naples. Guide was with us entire time. We asked to see specific things & they made it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You wont have time to do Versuius, Pompei and Amalfi Coast. If you book Versuvius and it is bad weather they wont let you go there. That happened to us and we had to go to amalfi coast instead. Best is to do Pompei, Sorrento and Amalfi. Positano is unreal. We used www.lovelyamalfitours.com. It cost us 480 euros for 8 people. Had a great time

Pompeii is amazing to see, and is almost overwhelming.

If you are into history, Herculaneum is very much smaller but much more well preserved than Pompeii. We arranged a private tour including both. They are only 20 minutes apart, or as I remember from a previous trip a couple train stops apart.