What goes on Luggage Tags

Prettylizy

We got e-docs instead of a snail mail package, and so we didn't get any luggage tags. I want to start cruising as early as possible, so I'm going to make luggage tags ahead of time, but I don't know what to put on them?! Any suggestions?:o

-Prettylizy

I think you are over doing it. I was on the Star in October. The luggage tags for the ship are color coded for forward or aft only (no mid ship) and they have the cabin number on it. That is all.

Separate from this you want to have another luggage tag with your name, city (no street address - no need to advertise which home is empty for a week) state and phone number. Put one of these inside the luggage also.

I'm confused...I did the Sun Thanksgiving cruise in 2004 and we got the ones in the mail...so will they have them for us at the port if I got e-docs this time or do I have to go make labels?

They will have them at the port. You have two choices one to take the time at the port to complete the tags with a pen to add name, cabin number, Ship, date, address etc.

Or as an option you can make up a sheet of mailing labels with that information, stick in on the tag provided at the port, and get in line to board. The labels are only a time saving tip.

I liked having ours prepared, just as Shoreguy has suggested.

We had our lables printed at the local printery for $1.00 a sheet.

I might add that the ones which they did at Port were not "printed", but scrawled in an almost unreadable handwriting.

Our cabin #was 10911, and when the hand printed one was turned upside down, it looked like #11601.

I was relieved to see our luggage when it arrived!

Archived