Sunset Beach - Credit Card to Pay?

Rowan555

Replying to my own post here....I located their phone number and called them. They DO take credit cards, but NOW they're saying it's $40 for adults and $25 for kids, not $20. I have an email from them stating it's $20 per child, so I guess I will bring that with me. Or maybe we'll just go to Doctor's Cave Beach after all...

Hi Rowan555,

I'm really curious to hear how your time goes in Jamaica and especially Sunset Beach if you decide to go there. We're going to Jamaica next summer, and I'd like to see a review from you....seems you're doing a lot of homework just like I am....

Joe :rolleyes:

I have heard that a new ownership group and the water park at Sunset beach was the reason for the price hike. To bad I enjoyed it last trip to Jamaica, but now I think it is a tad to much. Water park is no big deal to me and DD's, they had plenty to do before and the price was a poor single dad's ideal!...LOL

The woman I spoke to this morning was VERY rude. Just gave me a bad taste in my mouth about the whole thing. My kids are only 4 and 6 - so not only will they not get THAT much out of the waterslides, but they also tire pretty easily, so we wouldn't be spending more than 2 or 3 hours max at the place anyway. I still don't like the idea of paying for every little thing at Doctor's Cave Beach - $5 to get in, $5 for a chair, $5 for a table, etc. I'm considering just staying on the ship at this point - so frustrating!

• 1 month later...
Replying to my own post here....I located their phone number and called them. They DO take credit cards, but NOW they're saying it's $40 for adults and $25 for kids, not $20. I have an email from them stating it's $20 per child, so I guess I will bring that with me. Or maybe we'll just go to Doctor's Cave Beach after all...

(It's Sue right????)

Do you remember the email address you used to get your confirmation for Sunset Beach? We have 13 people going on the Conquest 1/1 and they just told me over the phone it is $70 per person. I didn't go any further, but now see they offer a discount for Cruise Ship Passengers. Thought I noght send an email to get it in writing so we didn't get any nasty surprises when we got there.

Thanks-

Hi Pat,

We are also on the 1/1 sailing of the Conquest. I emailed Sunset Beach (at reservations@sunsetmobay.com) on 12/7 to ask about prices. This is what I received back from them:

THE COST OF THE DAYPASS IS 40.00 FOR ADULTS AND 20.00 FOR CHILDREN.....THIS INCLUDES THE USE OF ALL THE FACILITIES INCLUDING THE WATERPARK, WATERSPORTS ACTIVITIES, TENNIS, FITNESS CENTER, MEALS FROM THE OPEN BUFFET AND BEACH GRILL AND DRINKS FROM ANYONE OF OUR SIX BARS......

RGDS,

DONNA

Also, from a follow-up note asking about pricing for infants:

WE DO NOT CHARGE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 2YEARS......THE HOURS APPLICABLE FOR THE DAY PASS IS 10AM TO 6PM

RGDS,

DONNA

We are also considering Sunset Beach. Guess I'd better bring a copy of this email with me.

Kim

Hi Pat,

We are also on the 1/1 sailing of the Conquest. I emailed Sunset Beach (at reservations@sunsetmobay.com) on 12/7 to ask about prices. This is what I received back from them:

THE COST OF THE DAYPASS IS 40.00 FOR ADULTS AND 20.00 FOR CHILDREN.....THIS INCLUDES THE USE OF ALL THE FACILITIES INCLUDING THE WATERPARK, WATERSPORTS ACTIVITIES, TENNIS, FITNESS CENTER, MEALS FROM THE OPEN BUFFET AND BEACH GRILL AND DRINKS FROM ANYONE OF OUR SIX BARS......

RGDS,

DONNA

Also, from a follow-up note asking about pricing for infants:

WE DO NOT CHARGE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 2YEARS......THE HOURS APPLICABLE FOR THE DAY PASS IS 10AM TO 6PM

RGDS,

DONNA

We are also considering Sunset Beach. Guess I'd better bring a copy of this email with me.

Kim

Thanks Kim - I found an email address on their web site. I was ready to skip going to sunset beach when they finally got back to me. (Almost a week passed!) I definitely printed it out as well.

Hey Kim -

How come we haven't seen you on our roll call? You should come join us! Do you have any kids travelling with you? We have tons of kids with our group.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=186251

Hope to see you on the roll call!!!!

My family of four is planning the Sunset Beach excurison. Wow-five more days.

Hi Pat,

I guess I hadn't found the roll call for the 1/1 sailing of the Conquest. We are traveling with children...DS is 7 1/2, DD is 5 1/2, DD2 is 16 months.

I'll try to go over to the roll call and post a "hello" to everyone.

Kim

Hi Rward and Dsnycruiser -

You should definitely check out our roll call - we have all the kids ages with the parents names (because I'm paranoid, I am not listing the kids names on the site). We are planning on meeting at 3:00 in the Sky Bar for a meet and greet. We figured it would be a great way for the kids to meet each other in advance so they had friends already when they go to the first meeting at Camp Carnival that evening.

The latest roll call was posted on 12/21 at 10:00. There are 64 of us from these boards - with your 4 Rward and your 5 dsnycruiser - that will make it 73 of us!

We were at SSB in March and I personally would pay $40 for an adult and $20 for a child.. Everything is included... There is 3 beaches there and if I remember correctly 3 differently pools.. one of them has a swim up bar, hot tub.. ping pong, snorkeling, kayaking, laying out.. The food and alcohol is also included.. The jerk chicken is to die for!!! This was all before they put in the waterpark..

I am looking at getting married at Sunset Beach in October and cant wait.. It is truly beautiful there!!

Wow I was reading this & thinking I did not pay this much last April but I forgot they were building a water park at the time we were there. Actually the price I think was less than have of what they are quoting now. We didn't even eat or drink anything, the beach was worth the price!

i've got the same question... how do we get there and do we need reservations?? THANKS!

(1) Take a JUTA cab and tell them Sunset Beach, they will know where to take you. It was $2/person for the cab.

(2) No reservations needed.

This was my experience in April 2005.

Is it far from the port ?

Also, Does Carnival dock or tender.

Sunset Beach resort is very close to the dock. You can see the resort from the ship and vice versa. However, because the road circles around the little bay it would be a long walk . . . be safe and take a JUTA cab for $2/person.

Carnival docks at Montego Bay.

If you look at my picture, you are looking across the bay from the back of the Conquest. Sunset Beach is on the strip of land you can see in the distance.

"JUTA" is an acronym . . . not sure what it stands for but apparently it means the cab is officially licensed by the Jamaican government. It is also cheaper than the other ones.

You have to be real careful at the cruise terminal because other cabs are using a similar acronym and claim to be licensed. We were directed into a cab by an official wearing a uniform who told us it was a "licensed cab". The cab had a similar acronym. When I asked the price to SSB I was told $5. This conflicted with the info I had read before the cruise of $2. When I asked if it was a "JUTA" cab, the driver hesitated and gave me some spiel about being licensed. We immediately got out and found a JUTA cab . . . the price was $2.

Archived