Challenge for 2006 cruisers!

Hey is there anyone out there that wants to get a challenge going to loose some weight:eek: before your cruise. We are going in March on Seranade of the Seas, and need a push. (that is after I went to Culvers for lunch) If there is anyone let me know and lets get going on it.

Justwaiting:p

You might want to go to the threads about losing weight. There are a lot of them under the Fun Stuff catagory. I have been working with a group there that is VERY encouraging ... and enthusiastic. You can either join one there or start a new one. There are lots of us wanting to lose and just needs some support.

I know my cruise coming up at Christmas, and some other things, really got me going with the weight loss. We were on the Serenade to Hawaii this summer and I actually started losing. Then a month later we did the Serenade in Alaska. I did really well on this cruise too. Since then I just became more motivated and knowing the Caribbean is coming up…I just had to lose. Cruises are a great motivation…just plan ahead for clothes, I didn’t. We get to spend some of our pre-cruise time shopping in San Juan for shorts, etc…Indiana just doesn’t sell shorts this time of year. Luckily the Caribbean’s largest mall is very close to our hotel and has K-Mart, Sears, Penneys, Macys’s, etc. There is also a Wal Mart close by…I want to buy cheap because I hope not to be in these sizes by summer.

On the boards page where you choose which thread you want to go to…look at the very bottom section on the left under Fun Stuff…choose ‘Lose Before You Cruise’ There you will find MANY topics, or like I said, start your own.

I’m willing to keep checking with you here if you want, but I think you’ll get a lot more people on a thread in that area. Let me know if you find it.

BTW...I am curious. Did you meet your husband on a cruise?

I found it last night and will get going on it. I have been so faithful in getting upevery morning and doing these Leslie Sansone workout tapes that last about 40 minutes and do this 6 times a week and try to do her 2 1/2 mile walk/jog tape 3-4 nights a week and the inches are going, but I am a pounds person. I will get going on this.

No I didn't meet my husband on a cruise. We went together in high school and got married at 20 and are still here today. We just celebrated our 30th wedding annivarsary this summer. We have 2 grown children and just married off our daughter this summer, and I don't think my son (27) we will every get married off.

I keep checking the other site and good luck.

How did you like the Alaska cruise? We did it several years ago, but the ship and sail was so bumpy, we figured the drunker we got the better it was. At the time we were the young ones on the ship, but had a great time.

Justwaiting

Just had to ask about the hubby since you had work by the one trip. :rolleyes: Congrats on the 30 years!!! You don't hear that so much anymore.

We (my 20 year old daughter and myself) loved the Alaska trip...considering we did it 2 years straight...same ship and ports. We never had rough waters, but did have very strong winds one night last year. They had to close off the outside deck areas.

You sound like you are doing all of the right things to lose. So, is this workout tape REALLY advanced or medium, low??? I would love to have something for here at home. I have just joined a gym and do deep water circuit training 2x per week. Depending on my mood, I ride my bike 10-12 miles. I lost 3 pounds last week, my first week, at the gym. I am like you...inches are coming off, but I need to see the pounds go too.

Hope you find a thread you like or get a really good one going.

Karen

Archived