OMG does anyone have anything good to say about Epic!

killarneylady

Sailing the Epic in the Med in a balcony cabin back in 2014 got us hooked back into cruising. We loved it. Only really busy elevator times for us were embarkation and debarkation days. I was prepared to dislike the stateroom layout, but it actually was functional for us. I liked having the sink available in the cabin even if the bathroom was being used. We spent a huge amount of time hangin out on the balcony trying to read, but watching the sea go by instead.

I was blown away with the amount of great entertainment each night. I just rambled from bar to bar and heard amazing singers and musicians. We did pre-book our main shows, but they told us that if a show was sold out online, it was still worth a stand in line because they have tons of no-shows from people who plan to try everything and then get on the ship and realize that they want to relax more than go go go. The Med itineries are so port intensive that you need to find time to relax. We took the Rome day as a stay on ship day since we had been to Rome multiple times before.

We also tried the thermal spa pass on a Caribbean cruise and it was awesome. I highly recommend their spa.

It WILL be chaos in Barcelona embarkation - be prepared. Its the port authority handling vast amounts of people - there are water stations dotted around - be patient - but forewarning you that have always found Barcelona boarding chaotic. Although last time as Gold members we found the line for gold and it was only three deep :) loving it - managed to get through the throng and on in record time.

Hope you have a great cruise - don't compare it to Celebrity - just enjoy it and look for the positives. Bon Voyage!

I had the opposite experience. I've embarked in Barcelona only once so maybe I was lucky. But, I walked in, up to check in with no lines at all, and onto the ship. :D

We also tried the thermal spa pass on a Caribbean cruise and it was awesome. I highly recommend their spa.

I agree! Even on a port-intensive cruise it's worth it to me. I'll definitely be getting a spa pass on my next Epic cruise (in 179 days!). It's great to soak away the aches and pains of constantly being on the go in port. :D

We were on a TA last year on the Epic, and loved it. We had a balcony room, so we had our own space to look out over the water from (we always book a balcony room for that reason). The shows were great, the food was amazing, and the staff was wonderful. We're doing another TA in 2018 we loved it so much!

I for one LOVE Epic...... she will always be my first cruising love!

I have sailed on her twice and have a back to back booked for this summer 😊

Epic seems to be the Marmite ship of the fleet - you either love her or you hate her. And in the words of T Swift.... haters gonna hate- and they sure do like to shout about it.

Most bad reviews take with a very large pinch of salt and most of the complaints are personal preference.

I have yet to meet a rude crew member... everyone seems to go out of their way to please you and make you smile. I have never had an issue with uncleanliness.... in fact i think if you stood still long enough you might find they start to clean you too! Lol

The entertainment is outstanding - Howl is my absolute favourite! The food is delicious! I've yet to sample a cocktail i didn't fall in love with - hello chocolate martini and a lavender patch is delicious too. The spa is worth every penny and the water slides are just Epic! 😉

Forget the haters and have an Epic cruise!!!! 😆

Sent from my SM-T560 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Sparkles87

I have been on Epic many cruises .It is one of my favorite ships ..did Carribeean , med and Transat a few times

Love the Epic ...great staff, great crew, great food venues , love the shows .....I would do it all again

Great B6 cabins ...very very nice ship

Go enjoy ..just plan you shore days well .....we did had an awesome time

I just got off the Epic in 3/25. I had so much fun. The activity staff was super fun and engaging. The pool deck was PACKED but still was able to find a chair the times I went up there. The food was good. I would say avoid the Manhattan dining room for dinner as I had terribly slow service and not so great food the two times I ate there. The bar staff were fun. I meet some wonderful people on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have been on 4 Epic cruises so far, and have my 5th in June. Epic is the ship that made me a cruise addict. I dont get all the negativity, of course there are some little things that could be improved, but im sure you could find faults to any ship. Overall, Ive always had a great time on Epic.