Advice on Canopy Tour

budaman

Will be on the Grand Princess in February and they list 2 Canopy Tour excursions and I would be interested in hearing pros & cons on both.

1) Lost World Canopy Tour at Big Hill Station.

2) Belize Aerial Trek at Jaguar Paw Resort.

They both sound similar but was wondering which one has the shortest transportation time, which has highest & longest ziplines etc. We want the one that makes you pucker up & say Oh S--T!

Thanks

Mike

I would be interested in hear comments as well.

I am planning a trip on Grand Princess either March or April 2006 and from what I've read about the canopy tour, the main concern is being late for the return tender.

It shows the ship arriving at 6:30 a.m. and leaving 1:30 a.m.....that's 7 hours and both excursions are supposed to be 5 hours long...what time did you guys actually leave for the excursion and is being tardy something that is common on this trip?

Thanks!

Our excursions were posted this morning and it gives times for each of the excursions.......Lost World is from 7AM - !2 Noon and the Ariel Trek is 7:30 - 12:30. with our first stop being Mahahaul, I don't think late arrival is going to be a problem this year as in the past, and both should be assigned to the first couple of tenders and I don't think the ship can leave before you get back.....that's their selling point for taking the ship excursions.

Mike

Our excursions were posted this morning and it gives times for each of the excursions.......Lost World is from 7AM - !2 Noon and the Ariel Trek is 7:30 - 12:30. with our first stop being Mahahual, I don't think late arrival is going to be a problem this year as in the past, and both should be assigned to the first couple of tenders and I don't think the ship can leave before you get back.....that's their selling point for taking the ship excursions.

Mike

Where were your excursions posted? On the Princess website? I was on there, but I have not booked my cabin yet maybe that is why I cannot see what time the excursions meet or leave?

I guess the only way is to book through the ship so you can assure that you will not be left behind. I still have not yet decided which tour to take.

Will be on the Grand Princess in February and they list 2 Canopy Tour excursions and I would be interested in hearing pros & cons on both.

1) Lost World Canopy Tour at Big Hill Station.

2) Belize Aerial Trek at Jaguar Paw Resort.

They both sound similar but was wondering which one has the shortest transportation time, which has highest & longest ziplines etc. We want the one that makes you pucker up & say Oh S--T!

Thanks

Mike

Looking for activities for our family also. I did a google search on these and you can read all about each one by doing the same. The Lost World has less zips (5) while the Jaguar has 8. But Lost World goes through a cave. Both are different which is why you should look at the actual website and get a better idea. I am still trying to decide which one but our ship does not offer the Jaguar one, so that one would have to be booked independently which I'm a bit leery to do at Belize since the ship would leave without us if something happened.

we enjoyed this - was very scenic also. The ride to the jungle was about an hour with a bathroom stop before going in to the jungle. We also had to rapel (Spelling?) twice if that makes a difference to you. The guides were a lot of fun, but safety was of their utmost priority - we'd do this agin!

Thanks to all that have responded so far. One more question.......have tried to find Big Hill Station on Belize maps to no avail. Where in Belize is it? Have found Jaguar Paw...is it in the same area or another direction?

Thanks

Mike

Thanks to all that have responded so far. One more question.......have tried to find Big Hill Station on Belize maps to no avail. Where in Belize is it? Have found Jaguar Paw...is it in the same area or another direction?

Thanks

Mike

I have searched myself and cannot locate it. Still looking though.:(

Archived