Save me from Oprah

EDLOS

I would really enjoy going on a 'theme' cruise. Ted Talks would be fun as well as some others (I love the suggestion of Hugh Jackman, et al). Not a fan of Oprah but I can see the draw for those who enjoy her.

And as much as I enjoy politics, I don't believe it is necessary to 'go there' because believe it or not there are plenty of people who have differing opinions that I am sure could quickly move this conversation in a non-cruise themed sort of way.

Yep! It's like the art auctions; I'm not interested, so I just pass it by. Enjoy the things you like; ignore the stuff you're not interested in (I seem to be alone in this opinion, but I like Oprah - not enough to pay extra for a cruise she's on, but that's me.).

I'm perfectly happy to pass by the art auctions, expect when they take over the entire Ocean Bar for HOURS each sea day on the cruise. It's not like I can just get off the ship to go somewhere else on sea days.

I have no issue with the Oprah or any other group meetings, but blocking off popular public space on days when there is no option to go somewhere else really makes my experience a bad one. I will definitely, vocally and written, object if popular public rooms are blocked off for private group meetings or other functions on sea days. There are meeting rooms available on board which are for just that -- MEETINGS.