When do Carnival MC OBC show up on your account?

rjeffler

My parents have a Carnival CC and had lots of points they offered to me. We did the redemption online in February for my April cruise. To date, they still don't show up on my online profile. The card is in my fathers name and the booking in my name but they have the correct booking number. We've called twice (he has to be with me for them to talk to me) and they promise it will be done but I don't see it. I worry we'll get to Hawaii and it won't be there and I won't be able to contact them. I'm a bit of a worrier. Any ideas?

I usually have some OBC from the Mastercard but it doesn't show up until I get on the ship. It has never been a problem.

I have never seen it before on the carnival documentation. I do tend to keep a copy in my email file from Carnival Mastercard siste when I request the OBC but have never had to use it on the last 5 or 6 cruises.

We have redeemed our Carnival MC points several times to get things on board. They will NOT show up anywhere online in your booking or your cruise docs. They will be there when you get on board though. No worries. You should be fine.

My parents have a Carnival CC and had lots of points they offered to me. We did the redemption online in February for my April cruise. To date, they still don't show up on my online profile. The card is in my fathers name and the booking in my name but they have the correct booking number. We've called twice (he has to be with me for them to talk to me) and they promise it will be done but I don't see it. I worry we'll get to Hawaii and it won't be there and I won't be able to contact them. I'm a bit of a worrier. Any ideas?

rjeffler,

Quit worrying; I've used points for OBC every cruise since the card first came out and never had an issue. Shareholders credit and Early Saver price drop credit will show up on your online cruise documents and sometimes on your online sailing info, but Barclays Carnival credit card won't show up. You will receive a card in your cabin advising you that the $$ is on your on your Sail and Sign account. Used to be you chose when to receive notice, but most recently the cards were in our room when we boarded. In 2014 the cards looked like this;

p1028278714-6.jpg

Used mine a couple of weeks back on the Magic. You can check with guest services on board or wait until the Kiosk open after the ship leaves port. Mine were there just after 6PM.

So how do you check onboard!

We've done this several times w/ points usually for prepayment of gratuities and spa credit.

I make sure I have a copy of the email showing the confirmation of the redemption on my phone. Check your S&S account at the kiosk when you board. If it's not there, go to GS & show them your email. They will take care of it.

Not yet had a problem. It's always been there.

I just got off the Magic. My OBC showed up when I boarded the ship.

Can I have OBC from redeeming my Carnival Credit card and also have someone else redeem their points and send it to my account?

When you complete the form for the OBC, it asks you for booking number, ship name, guest name, sailing date, etc. You HAVE to complete that information. You CAN redeem points for someone else's cabin. Someone else can redeem points for your cabin. I have redeemed points for my daughter's sailings in the past for cruises that she has gone on and we have not for both gratuities and OBC.

When you complete the form for the OBC, it asks you for booking number, ship name, guest name, sailing date, etc. You HAVE to complete that information. You CAN redeem points for someone else's cabin. Someone else can redeem points for your cabin. I have redeemed points for my daughter's sailings in the past for cruises that she has gone on and we have not for both gratuities and OBC.

Awesome! And this OBC can be used for drinks, at specially restaurants..etc? Thanks for the reply!!!!

Awesome! And this OBC can be used for drinks, at specially restaurants..etc? Thanks for the reply!!!!

As long as it is just redeemed as OBC you are fine w/ any purchase charged to your S&S account. There are ways to redeem points for credits specific to certain charges - i.e, drinks, spa, etc.

• 2 months later...