Buffet Now Aimed Primarily At Folk Who Don't Like Dining?

megacruiser

Totally agree with Kalos #11 re the Beach House. We recently returned from Britannia and dined in there one night only as the food was not good. I too had the Mushrooms for starter and the Chicken Sizzler plate. The mushroom dish was indeed like soup and still cooking on the table but my chicken and OHs beef was tasteless. Overall the food generally on Brittania had deteriorated since last year but we still had a great cruise.

That's sad to read. We were on Britannia on her 2nd cruise and were impressed with the food. The MDR we found to be excellent. The choices at the buffet were limited, as we had experienced on Azura/Ventura, but the much improved layout of the buffet was excellent.

On our most recent cruise the black tie and gala dinner nights were out of synch. Certainly once, possibly twice, out of 5. Now that seems crazy to me. Best bib and tucker and you're offered fish and chips rather than lobster. Next night, back to smart cas and it's the full monty, complete with sorbet. Most odd

(There were no meteorological or other problems to change any pre-planned formal nights)

On our most recent cruise the black tie and gala dinner nights were out of synch. Certainly once, possibly twice, out of 5. Now that seems crazy to me. Best bib and tucker and you're offered fish and chips rather than lobster. Next night, back to smart cas and it's the full monty, complete with sorbet. Most odd

(There were no meteorological or other problems to change any pre-planned formal nights)

I know. It seems odd that they have to make passengers take the trouble to dress up (especially the ladies who took such a long time to dress themselves up to look so elegant, and them men looked so handsome in their tuxedos, etc), and then, all they come up with is food that might just pass for a chip shop or a school canteen!

If I remember correctly,, one evening , in the dinner menu, the "chef's speciality" was Cornish Pasty!!!! I nearly fell off my chair. Were they trying to insult passengers or what???!!! Talking about racing to the bottom.

Perhaps P&O should stop pretending it is a classy operation and do away with those formal nights. They could still suggest for passengers to dress smart, if they wish.(They could promote themselves as offering "value" cruises rather than "luxury" cruises).

If they lowered the expectations of passengers, when something nice comes up in the menu, at least, passengers would be "pleasantly surprised". At the moment, they seem to be raising the hopes of passengers with those glossy adverts on tv, and then when we got on the cruise expecting gourmet cuisine (after spending thousands of £££), often, we were left with the feeling of being badly let down.

Edited by Cahpek