Viber on the Allure

The Voom internet worked great and I used Viber to keep on touch with those I needed to at home. It was seamless. Viber to Viber calls are free.......Viber to non Viber users in the US is less than 2 cents per minute. Connection could not have been clearer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Voom internet worked great and I used Viber to keep on touch with those I needed to at home. It was seamless. Viber to Viber calls are free.......Viber to non Viber users in the US is less than 2 cents per minute. Connection could not have been clearer.

WiFI calling would be totally free, no app needed. Though newer phones are needed.

I know I can get wifi calling on my cell phone but I am calling a land line totally without wifi and I wanted to make certain my calls would get through. Viber had a 100 minutes to the US for .99 cents so I did not need straight wifi calling. Also made a few calls to France and it was pennies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know I can get wifi calling on my cell phone but I am calling a land line totally without wifi and I wanted to make certain my calls would get through. Viber had a 100 minutes to the US for .99 cents so I did not need straight wifi calling. Also made a few calls to France and it was pennies.

WiFi calling makes voice calls as if you are on the US cell network, so calling a US landline from anywhere in the world is no extra charge. However, making a call to France would cost extra using WiFi calling, again it would be as if you were calling from the US.

Clarea... can you explain the WiFi calling?

Newer cell phones have a setting for wifi calling. Once you put your phone in airplane mode, connect to the ships wifi, enable wifi calling on your cell phone you are good to go. I'm just used to Viber

Clarea... can you explain the WiFi calling?

WiFi calling is a relatively new (last couple of years) feature being offered by cell phone companies. It gives the phone full functionality (voice calls and texting) when connected to WiFi, no cell network connection needed, no special apps needed, no extra charge. It is restricted to certain late model phones and software versions. You have to enable the feature on your phone and give an address for 911 calls since they don't automatically know where you are when you are using WiFi calling. Check with your cell carrier for details. For an iPhone on AT&T, you need an SE, 6, 6S, or 7.

WiFi calling is a relatively new (last couple of years) feature being offered by cell phone companies. It gives the phone full functionality (voice calls and texting) when connected to WiFi, no cell network connection needed, no special apps needed, no extra charge. It is restricted to certain late model phones and software versions. You have to enable the feature on your phone and give an address for 911 calls since they don't automatically know where you are when you are using WiFi calling. Check with your cell carrier for details. For an iPhone on AT&T, you need an SE, 6, 6S, or 7.

OK dumb question here.. lol.. In order to use this viber must u then connect to the ship WIFI via purchasing a internet package? I am totally not tech savvy as u can see.. lol.. I have a Iphone plus 6S..Thanks for ur help! ;)

OK dumb question here.. lol.. In order to use this viber must u then connect to the ship WIFI via purchasing a internet package? I am totally not tech savvy as u can see.. lol.. I have a Iphone plus 6S..Thanks for ur help! ;)

Yes, you would need an internet connectivity for every phone that uses the app.

Yes, you would need an internet connectivity for every phone that uses the app.

thank u!! :) so what is the benefit of the viper? I am assuming free phone calls instead of paying ur provider by the min and free texts? Thanks again..