Long wait at the Airport - is it acceptable?

After a cruise from Ft Lauderdale we had a very late flight back t the UK - we took a really good post cruise excursion to Holywood Beach - our luggage was kept locked on the coach - we had several hours at Hoylwood Beach - we had access to a kind of community hall which had Air Con and we were able to leave smaller items locked there + there were light refreshments provided - we took the water taxi for a cruise up and down te waterway - had a great lunch at "le Tub" - then a walk along the boardwalk and a drink at one of the bars - finally we were taken to the airport. It was a relaxing end to the holiday. No need to hang around at the airport -there will be some post cruise excursions.

We are a family of 9 (16 - 76 yrs) booked on a Fly-Cruise with Royal Caribbean in August. We have early morning flights out of the UK which suits us fine, however our return flight is 10.05 pm. I emailed Royal Caribbean to ask what the arrangements would be for the last day and they have replied saying we will be taken to the airport at the very latest by 10 am - meaning over a 12 hour wait at the airport :o. Just wondering what your views are of this and if anyone has experienced anything like it before?

Thank you

I had a flight at 6:40 pm. I could have arranged an earlier flight, but it was $400.00 per person more on another airlines. So, I kept the 6:40, took the airport drop off and city tour excursion. Spent less than $300.00 on it, and enjoyed a tour. By the time I got to the airport, I had a 4 hour wait instead which I ate a nice dinner at the airport sit down restaurant. When I was finished with the tour, I still was over $450.00 ahead and had a relaxing day with no worries. Many posters gave a lot of good ideas. It's a vacation day with plenty of options.

We were on Oasis in Feb/Mar and on our last day had a flight back to the

U.k at 7.30pm. We booked the ships Kennedy Space Centre tour with airport drop off and arrived at the airport at 3pm. We had booked a lounge in advance and spent a few hours nibbling on snack, having a drink and using the wifi before it was time to board. Didn't feel like filling time and was a nice end to the cruise.

We specifically booked a cruise only since we knew Royal would give us flights with a connection on our route and we would have no control over the flight times. We booked direct flights at reasonable times ourselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We took an Uber from the pier to Las Olas Blvd and stayed there until around 4:00, then went to airport for our 7 pm flight. There were many galleries, restaurants and shops open. We had a nice long lunch-- better than sitting in the airport!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums