May 24 holiday - any insight?

tadbrd

Hello!

We are going to be in Bermuda (Celebrity Cruise) May 24 - 26. It's our first time and I'm beyond excited! From what I've read, May 24 is an official holiday in Bermuda and there are all sorts of things going on. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, or a bad thing!!! Has anyone been there for this holiday, and if so, can you suggest what to do/what to avoid?

Hello!

We are going to be in Bermuda (Celebrity Cruise) May 24 - 26. It's our first time and I'm beyond excited! From what I've read, May 24 is an official holiday in Bermuda and there are all sorts of things going on. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, or a bad thing!!! Has anyone been there for this holiday, and if so, can you suggest what to do/what to avoid?

It is a huge holiday. Also marks the beginning of the beach season. Most shops will be closed. Many restaurants will be closed. Buses and ferries will be on a reduced holiday schedule. There will be a big parade in Hamilton in the afternoon. Since the holiday is on a Wednesday this year, Harbour Nights has been canceled that night.

I avoid the Bermuda holidays but I was there once on an unannounced holiday. A local luminary had passed and they declared a memorial holiday. Or something like that. Everything was closed and there were reduced buses and ferries. I went to the beach. On Bermuda Day the beaches might be crowed.

Edited by Charles4515