Helmet Dive in Cozumel AND beach time?

This will be my very first cruise, as well as my very first time out of the country. I am super excited, but have no clue on planning!

I am REALLY wanting to do the SeaTrek Helmet Dive in Cozumel, BUT I am, also, REALLY wanting to spend some time on one of Cozumel's beautiful beaches!

The SeaTrek excursion is listed as only 2 hours. Is it feasible for me to plan on doing that, and then hopping in a taxi and going to a beach, for the rest of the day? I was thinking Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Island?

Or, do you think, I wouldn't have time to enjoy the beach, after the helmet dive?

Anyone have experience with this?

My family and I did the SeaTrek excursion in Cozumel two years ago. It was an awesome experience. We were taken to a bar, sorry, don't remember the name of it and did the excursion outside in the back. The bar is right on the shore line and it immediately drops about 30 feet. When we were done, we got two free drinks and ate lunch there. There was also a little beach type area and could use to go swimming until out time was up. Hope this helps a little. Have a great time!!!

The little beach area was nice. Kind of like a little resort with beach chairs and umbrellas. If you are, however, looking for an actual beach beach, then I would definitely go somewhere else. Unfortunately, have not gone to any beaches in Cozumel so I can't help you there. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

You should have some time left to hit a beach, most cruises now give you 8 or 9 hrs in Coz. We always stop at Carlos and Charlies on our way around the island to Coconuts. Many nice places to stop for a bit or places to plant for a bit. There is a blow-hole on one end that is very cool. Take a taxi around and see the island too! This will be out 2nd time in Coz and understand why people like to come back. Please follow-up after your helmet dive, I really want to do this but cant seem to get it past my excursion committee! :mad: But a lazy day in Coz is sooo nice