Time Disney Shuttle departs from Port Canaveral

luvn2cruzzz

If we choose to take the DCL shuttle from the port to the airport, how early does it leave? My daughter's flight isn't until late afternoon and with a four year old, sitting in the airport all day would not be fun.

You are required to be off the ship by 9:00. The last bus to MCO will depart when everyone has cleared Customs....usually about 9:30. The first bus will depart about 7:45-8:00 (as soon as it fills.

You could get a rental car for the day which would enable you to do something--Downtown Disney, a water park, KSC, or whatever. Just remember that you'll want to be at MCO at least 2 hours before flight time.

One additional thought on this. There are some restrictions on how early you can check in bags prior to a flight. So not only might waiting be "not fun", she may be waiting with luggage.

I believe you can't check bags more than 3 or 4 hours before a flight, which might mean a few hours lugging it around prior to even checking it in at the airport. Not sure if this is TSA or Airline specific, so she might want to check with the airline to see how early she can check it in.

I believe you can't check bags more than 3 or 4 hours before a flight, which might mean a few hours lugging it around prior to even checking it in at the airport. Not sure if this is TSA or Airline specific, so she might want to check with the airline to see how early she can check it in.

Although if you're taking the Disney Shuttle to/from MCO, you may have your luggage already Magically Expressed to your arrival airport from the night before debarkation. (And even the ticket check-in for the flight back, if you sign in with Guest Services on the first day.)

And assuming you're getting kids organized, out of last-morning breakfast, and through customs, a bus after 9:30 can get you all the way back to MCO by 10:30-10:45, not counting a lunch/snack break at the airport, and getting through monorail and security an hour and a half to two hours ahead of departure, to get to the gate in time. Not too much window for looking around Orlando.

On Southwest at MCO, I was unable to check in bags until 4 hours before the flight. But in that case it was worth it to me to have free transportation to the airport and I was alone--can occupy myself easily AFTER being able to drop the bags.

As above, if you are on a participating airline you can do "On Board Airline Check In" which means your bags will be taken from the ship outside your cabin and you won't see them again till you arrive at your home airport. You will also get your boarding passes in your cabin, so when you get to the airport you can go thru security and to your gate, bypassing all the lines in the front of the airport. It is a nice service, but you must be on a participating airline.

Another option is to get a "day room" at the Hyatt MCO. The child can swim, take a nap, or whatever while waiting for the flight. Just be sure you are at the gate on time! The cost for this was right at $100 with taxes--book it by phoning the hotel directly. If you try on line or at the national Hyatt number you'll usually be told that it isn't available.

This all makes sense as we flew Southwest, so no option to have "tink" or the others magically whisk the luggage away.

We checked luggage exactly at 4:00 hours, got a bite to eat, went through security and rode the train between the terminal no less than 15 times before sitting near the gate for another hour.

Thanks so much, everyone! The reason I was asking was because we are thinking of doing the shuttle back to the airport so that we can use the expedited baggage service as they are on a participating airline. At least she wouldn't have the luggage to worry about even if the wait is lenghty. The decision has been made thanks to your help!