Cheers and wine

No. There's one champagne for like 20. But most are sub 15 from bottles you could get for 15ish on land. Think layer cake, Kendall Jackson and similar mass market wines

Ugh! Guess we won't be drinking much wine, except what we take and the half price bottles we buy in the steakhouse the first night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Correct the "limit" is $50, but there isn't anything close to that price range. Unfortunately Carnival falls very short on the wines offered by the glass, as another poster said layer cake and kendall jackson is the "top of the line". As you mentioned carry on 2 really nice bottles.

My husband and I love a nice bottle of wine. Is it true that we can go to the Steakhouse bar and get a good glass of wine we can't get anywhere else on the ship? What is the per drink limit with Cheers?

Their are some much higher priced wines depending on the ship

We have found Decoy, Silver Oak , Duckhorn, Rutherford hill and more.

I would e mail the Steak house of the ship you are going on and see if they can provide a wine by the glass list.

I love the steakhouse bar. The best kept secret on the ship

We found a great glass of wine at the atrium bar when we cruised the Liberty last August. Can't remember what it was, but better than Kendall Jackson or Layer Cake. But I do recall we purchased a bottle of J Lohr that would retail for about $15/bottle at home going for $40 on the ship so expect markups higher than anything on land.

That is a bit dated, but certainly the Steakhouse has by the glass selections that aren't available elsewhere on the ship. There is no doubt, the wine list has suffered ever since Dickinson (hope I got name right) left as CEO as he was a true wine lover.

There are some by the bottle options that are worthy and with cheers, you get them at 25% off, so while I believe Caymus is now around $92/bottle, the discount brings it down closer to its retail price on land. Needless to say, if you are a serious wine drinker, its hard for Cheers to be all inclusive. Then again, on a line like RCCL, most the the really good by the glass options are above their $12 limit, so you find yourself always paying the differential. With Carnival, you need to buy whole bottles to get anything better.

That is a bit dated, but certainly the Steakhouse has by the glass selections that aren't available elsewhere on the ship. There is no doubt, the wine list has suffered ever since Dickinson (hope I got name right) left as CEO as he was a true wine lover.

There are some by the bottle options that are worthy and with cheers, you get them at 25% off, so while I believe Caymus is now around $92/bottle, the discount brings it down closer to its retail price on land. Needless to say, if you are a serious wine drinker, its hard for Cheers to be all inclusive. Then again, on a line like RCCL, most the the really good by the glass options are above their $12 limit, so you find yourself always paying the differential. With Carnival, you need to buy whole bottles to get anything better.

Yes, we loved our Oasis cruise!! We spent a lot of time at Vintages Wine Bar drinking nice wines by the glass. I believe we are going to buy Cheers since we will take advantage of the specialty coffee, and bottled water in addition to some cocktails. We will just limit our wine consumption, unless we find a descent red wine at the steakhouses bar. I don't like or any of their offerings elsewhere. We also take advantage of half price bottles of Caymus the first night at the steakhouse.

When is your next Cruise... I am going the week of the 15th I could try and get a updated list.

We took advantage of the 50% off nights. The second formal night we just went to the steak house bar and drank them out of silver oak.

We find cheers good cause Irish coffee to start the day and a few drinks on deck and we are on pace to break even. The best part for me is knowing how much I am spending on drinks. I can remember the old days and waking up the last day to a bar bill than could pay some peoples mortgages lol.

When is your next Cruise... I am going the week of the 15th I could try and get a updated list.

We took advantage of the 50% off nights. The second formal night we just went to the steak house bar and drank them out of silver oak.

We find cheers good cause Irish coffee to start the day and a few drinks on deck and we are on pace to break even. The best part for me is knowing how much I am spending on drinks. I can remember the old days and waking up the last day to a bar bill than could pay some peoples mortgages lol.

We will be on the Dream July 31. Thank you!!

We aren't big drinkers and don't usually have a big bar tab but the bottled water and coffees will make it worth it. Plus I will get drinks whenever I want and hubby won't be giving me the evil eye for it. Lol

We will be on the Dream July 31. Thank you!!

We aren't big drinkers and don't usually have a big bar tab but the bottled water and coffees will make it worth it. Plus I will get drinks whenever I want and hubby won't be giving me the evil eye for it. Lol

Keep a eye out I will post the menu when I get back. I have a strict no cell phone policy on the ship. Makes me remember the old days of free rum swizzle parties and captains gatherings