Harmony Escape Room Running Time

Can anyone who has participated in this give me an estimation of actual running time? So for example, if the time booked is from 1:00 to 2:30, do they usually start at 1:00 and it lasts an hour to 2:00 and then the remaining time is spent as a reset of the room. Or do they give you instructions and such at 1:00 but you don't usually start until 1:15ish and finish at 2:15ish?

Trying to see if I can do escape room at 1:00 and Grease at 2:30. Having an issue as cruise planner has the time for Grease at 2:15 (which I am assuming is giving you time to get to your seat) thus creating a conflict of time. Based on the responses, I was going to go to RC to see if it's possible they can override.

Thanks.

Sorry that I can't answer your question and for butting in here but could you tell me when your cruise on Harmony is and how soon you were able to book a time for the puzzle room as well as dining times? Our family Harmony cruise is this October and I keep checking the cruise planner daily, so I can get our preferred times. Thanks so much for your help!;)

Sorry that I can't answer your question and for butting in here but could you tell me when your cruise on Harmony is and how soon you were able to book a time for the puzzle room as well as dining times? Our family Harmony cruise is this October and I keep checking the cruise planner daily, so I can get our preferred times. Thanks so much for your help!;)

My cruise is July 22 and July 29 on the Harmony and entertainment and also the activity - puzzle room - was open for booking today.

We're sailing beginning of September and our entertainment reservations opened up a couple days ago.

We did the puzzlebreak on Harmony and I would say I wouldn't do Grease right after its too close. They started check-in on the hour, waited like five minutes for a party to show (as honestly its not really clear where it is-its by the kids clubs). They then need to explain the process, introduce yourselves to the "team" and explain what is going to happen. Then you are admitted into room and start the experience. If your team is awesome and you solve everything (our staff member said they only have about a 20% success rate when we went in October) then you go on your way, otherwise they then walk you through the rest so you can see it all finished. It was a lot of fun but for us took the whole time allotted.

Great! Thanks! I was just able to book entertainment and the puzzle room. Any idea when we can schedule MTD times?

I think it differs from cruise to cruise but I think ours was at about 100 days out from cruise.

We did the puzzlebreak on Harmony and I would say I wouldn't do Grease right after its too close. They started check-in on the hour, waited like five minutes for a party to show (as honestly its not really clear where it is-its by the kids clubs). They then need to explain the process, introduce yourselves to the "team" and explain what is going to happen. Then you are admitted into room and start the experience. If your team is awesome and you solve everything (our staff member said they only have about a 20% success rate when we went in October) then you go on your way, otherwise they then walk you through the rest so you can see it all finished. It was a lot of fun but for us took the whole time allotted.

Mike - Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Their turnaround time of the room must be pretty quick as when I have done this in the past, the room was completely trashed. ;p

I think it differs from cruise to cruise but I think ours was at about 100 days out from cruise.

Our cruise is October 7th, so I guess dining might be available around mid-June or so. Will keep checking on at least a weekly basis, as I've heard preferred dining times go pretty fast!:eek: Thanks for your help!;)

We just did the Escape room on Anthem(Mar. 26 sailing).......It all depends if the group shows up on time and how good u r at solving the puzzle. Even if everything went perfect by the time you got to Grease the stand by line might have already been let in.

Our activity started about 5 minutes late...and then there was 5 minutes of instruction, then you r let into the room( 1 hour time limit) we solved the puzzles and "broke out of the room" with 13 minutes to spare. Then we chatted with our host for 5-10 minutes afterwards. The puzzles are not that easy, u have to ask the right questions to get hints from the host and have fast thinking participates.

Edited by land lover

BTW....on our sailing it was only offered on port days...4 times with 12 participates. so only 144 on the ship could reserve.

Book it now do not delay as they only leave a few openings for the ship. I really enjoyed the experience. But don't participate if you r not good at speaking up, solving puzzles or deductive reasoning, which is how we truly solved it with our group.

Edited by land lover

Why do people want to override what the cruise line suggests......they have to put some buffer time in, otherwise people complain.

On Anthem I couldn't even get MY Time at 5:45 when booking an early show at 7:30 and as we all know it is easy to ask your waiter to speed the meal up or skip dessert. All your reservations are subject to change so best laid plans always get rearranged on a cruise. Go with the flow and select what is most important to you on the first sea days so there is time for cancellations to be rescheduled.

On this cruise I experienced a first, a swap of a port day for a sea day..not unusual, but the killer was the port time changed from 12-9pm to 9-6pm......all shows remained the same but all activities swapped days...talk about everyone even the staff being confused. It worked out for us but there were a lot of angry people. What I learned and what I did on Anthem was only book one activity a day. We waited in line for bumper cars for an hour just because I did not want to miss the experience on a ship. Later in the week It only took 10 minutes...but on a cruise ship always take the bird in hand.

Edited by land lover