Carnival Birthday Decor

Cruisingx2

Sailing on the Valor on DH birthday; embark on day of his birthday. I want to order the Carnival Birthday Decor but he is connected to my online Carnival account and I don't want him to see that it was ordered. Anyone ever just call to have this added ? And, I assume Carnival decorates for you before you arrive at your cabin?

And about having a cake delivered to dinner that first night - We have Any Time/Your Time dining so no scheduled dinner hour. If I call ahead will Carnival bring a cake to the dinner table once they see we've checked in for dinner ? Best way to go about that, again without DH finding out ?

Thanks for any input.

I think when you purchase something from the fun shops now it asks if it is a gift. Anyone ever use it? I think it takes the purchase off the invoice, but I am not sure if you can hide it if he can login himself. GOOD LUCK!

I know my mom added it to my reservation when she wasn't even in my cabin. I didn't have anything in my cruise information showing it being added to my reservation. I don't think it shows up when things are marked as a gift. I have also ordered gifts for my own cabin (like water etc) and those didn't show up either. Just my email confirmations of the purchase.

With regard to the decorations, I am not sure. But it is easy enough to call. I have had reports that the room was not decorated the first day, so you might want to confirm that.

As for the cake, if you are not a huge cake eater, I would recommend just telling Carnival that your hubby's birthday is the first night and you are celebrating it on the cruise. Whenever we have provided them with birthday or anniversary information, they bring a smaller special cake (a heart for anniversary) with dessert - and sing to you. It doesn't matter whether you have YTD or fixed - it will show up when you check in on the printout from the maitre d'. They surprised us one night - I had forgotten that I told them we were celebrating our anniversary (we were about 2 months late) and voila! out it came!

I ordered this package for my grandson and their cabin was decorated when they boarded. There was not a way to set a cake delivery to the dining room, it was in the room with plates, forks and a serving knife when they boarded - we go the strawberry cake and it was delicious - we ate on it for days.