Rio sights in 2 hours or less??

cruznliz

We are using Princess Air for the January 8 Regal cruise and received our itinerary earlier this week. We leave Los Angeles on Saturday the 7th about 2:00 PM and connect in Houston for the 9:10 PM flight to Rio, arriving at 12:55 PM on Sunday the 8th, the first day of the cruise. Going in early is NOT an option. DH is "semi-retired" and he plans to work all day on Friday the 6th. No discussion there. :(

So my question is, we land at 1:00, with luck we get to the ship by 3:00, the ship sails at 6:00. Is there any way to see any sights in a 2 hour timeframe? Will we pass Sugarloaf or famous Beaches or Christ the Redeemer on our drive from the airport? How far is the port from any of the sights? Will the taxis take US dollars or credit cards? Does anyone know exactly where the port is? I'd probably be happy to just see Christ the Redeemer. Is that visible from the port or airport? :eek:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Liz,

I know I have answered your query on our Roll Call but thought you might like these two email addresses of guides in Rio.

Luiz Amarel at rio@travelrio.com and Leandro at cbraz@openlink.com.br

Leandro is driving us to the ship and I think Luiz is taking Ken so they would both be in the vicinity of the port if you want to use them.

Jennie

You will be hard pressed to see much in two hours IF you check into the ship first. My best advice-go to the Statue first, directly from the airport, then go to the ship. That way, if you are running late to the ship, you can cut your sightseeing short and board the ship. You are taking way too much chance trying to go to the ship and then GO BACK to the statue.

I agree. Book a tour with a private company that will pick you up at the airport, drive you to Corcovado, and then to the ship. You will still be very pressed for time, esp. if there is any traffic at all. You can see Sugarloaf when your ship leaves the harbor if it is still daylight as you sail right by it.

Archived