Nuku Hiva

mk960072

You will probably have better luck if you post this inquiry to your Roll Call ... or perhaps the Ports of Call section. The odds of someone seeing your inquiry here at the general list are not good. I'd give you a link to your Roll Call if I had a better hint as to what cruise you are on!

Good luck, Mura

I don't know of any boat operators in Nuka Hiva. We were there in February and there is very little to do. We did a land tour for 4 hours and walked to an interesting church on our own. If you are looking for water sports, this is really just a way to add days to the trip but there is nothing to do there.

Don't people go to the Marquesas for shark and cave diving? I googled one dive operator in Taiohae, the capital village of Nuku Hiva.

They are high volcanic islands without a coral fringe. The islands have a spectacular landscape which is best enjoyed when travelling with the freighter Aranui 5 which skirts the land closely and goes to remote bays.

Nuka Hiva has low visibility due to nutrient rich water so the diving isn't as clear as on other islands. There are also currents. If you google Nuka Hiva and diving some operators appear.

Very correct, Marquseas are very new volcanic islands, few if any beach, massive rain and run-off you lucky to have 10 ft vis, and the waters abound in pelagic critters...BIG pelagic..bite -ya -kind. Just stand at the pier and watch the 10 ft tigers rip into what the fishermen throw over.... you get the idea? In Nuka Hiva, when you enter the ocean, you enter the food chain....and not at the top.