Carnival excursion bus and amenities (progresso)

Lando C.

A group of us are heading to the Uxmal Mayan Ruin & Hacienda Ochill Carnival excursion here in a few week. My friend loves the spicy food, however it does sometimes make him make a dash for the mens room a couple ours later. Of course there is no guarantee that we will be on the same bus as previous visitors.............. But if anyone has been on this trip before do you know if Carnivals self described " an air-conditioned motor coach for a scenic drive to the ruins " happens to have restrooms in the bus ?

It has been several years since we did the Uxmal excursion but, if I remember correctly, yes the bus did have a restroom. Uxmal is a great place! We were served lunch in the restaurant there and the food was not spicy, rather bland. They did serve cervezas on the bus, too!

Did that excursion about 6 months ago. Probably the same bus.....

You will love the ruins but the excursion is ...ummm..... primitive. The restrooms at the ruins at ok but primitive.

There is a "restroom" on the bus. Imagine a hole to the right of a middle bus entry stairway. That is the restroom. In the middle of the stairs. No seat. Just a bowl.

The bus bounces so much using it is interesting. (I did, but I am a guy so we are pretty gross anyway...)

Now all this being said, do the excursion, come back to the port and walk right thru the shops to the bar facing the water with the plastic chairs. Buy 10 bucks worth of cerveza and all will be good. You can look at the hundreds of people hurrying to the ship which is only 200 feet away.

I thought the bathrooms were fine....large, many stalls, soap, sinks. I found it actually nicer than I thought they would be. The bathroom on the bus was just a small room in the middle of the bus down some stairs. I didn't use it but it didn't look too inviting. I just used the main one at the ruins.

Sent from my VS986 using Forums mobile app