A few questions as a first cruiser on Norwegian Epic

sofienummer

Hi all you Epic people (okay this is a really terrible start... I know :o),

My first cruise will be on the Norwegian Epic. I'm really looking forward to it!

I've already asked a bunch of questions on this site, but didn't know there was a sub-forum specifically for NCL.

However, I do still have a fe

Hi all you Epic people (okay this is a really terrible start... I know :o),

My first cruise will be on the Norwegian Epic. I'm really looking forward to it!

I've already asked a bunch of questions on this site, but didn't know there was a sub-forum specifically for NCL.

However, I do still have a fe

Okay... I wasn't finished yet. Sorry!

As I was saying (or trying to): I do still have a few questions specifically for NCL Epic. I'll be doing a west mediterranean cruise!

Plugs

First question: do the cabins/studios on Epic all have EU-plugs beside US-plugs? I've read contradictory messages on this and I want to make sure before I embark.

Shore excursions/shuttle busses

Another question is about the NCL shore excursions: I did look up shore excursions from NCL on their site but I couldn't find any really detailed information about the excursions or reviews (although I've heard people on CC say they did read reviews). Is there a site/blog that could give me more inside on those excursions? They are really expensive, so I would want more detail before making a decision!

Another question is about the shuttle busses. Does NCL provide shuttle busses from the ports? I can't find anything on their site and I hear different stories on CC and other sites. If they do provide shuttle busses to the city, how much do they cost on average? And is there a time schedule available, mainly for the bus back to the port!

I'm sure I have more questions, but I can't think of anything at this moment!

Thank you in advance for your answers. I really appreciate all the information on this site and all the help!

Have an Epic Easter!

Take care,

Sophie

Okay... I wasn't finished yet. Sorry!

As I was saying (or trying to): I do still have a few questions specifically for NCL Epic. I'll be doing a west mediterranean cruise!

Plugs

First question: do the cabins/studios on Epic all have EU-plugs beside US-plugs? I've read contradictory messages on this and I want to make sure before I embark.

They have both. Read here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1574291

Shore excursions/shuttle busses

Another question is about the NCL shore excursions: I did look up shore excursions from NCL on their site but I couldn't find any really detailed information about the excursions or reviews (although I've heard people on CC say they did read reviews). Is there a site/blog that could give me more inside on those excursions? They are really expensive, so I would want more detail before making a decision!

Go to the ports of call boards on CC for the ports you are going to -- you can join private tours with fellow cruises if you join your roll call and read about other tours that are non-NCL as well as NCL tours. Yes, the NCL ones are more expensive. It all depends on your budget and where you want to go.

Another question is about the shuttle busses. Does NCL provide shuttle busses from the ports? I can't find anything on their site and I hear different stories on CC and other sites. If they do provide shuttle busses to the city, how much do they cost on average? And is there a time schedule available, mainly for the bus back to the port!

Often the towns aren't right near the ports and you have to do a transfer to a nearby town. It depends on what port for cost. For example, Livermore port transfer to Florence is $139 pp for adults.

I'm sure I have more questions, but I can't think of anything at this moment!

Thank you in advance for your answers. I really appreciate all the information on this site and all the help!

Have an Epic Easter!

Take care,

Sophie

Hope those help!

Hope those help!

Thank you so much Kfamilycruise for all the information! Happy to know they have both plugs :)

I do have one more question: from what material are the duvets made out of in the studios? I've read somewhere that the duvets in the suites etc. are feather duvets. Is this the case for all cabins?

I'm very allergic to feather duvets! So hopefully it's made out of linnen or something similar! Otherwise I might have to arrange something!

As to the Q about duvets: We do not like the duvets as we feel they are too heavy. We simply ask our room steward to take them off and supply us with thin blankets. They usually have to give you two to cover the two beds pushed together to make the queen. They are happy to do so. Problem solved!!

As to the Q about duvets: We do not like the duvets as we feel they are too heavy. We simply ask our room steward to take them off and supply us with thin blankets. They usually have to give you two to cover the two beds pushed together to make the queen. They are happy to do so. Problem solved!!

Thank you for the tip on the thin blankets! :) Might be better than those heavy duvets... but do you know if they are indeed made out of feathers or something else? :)

I am using a TA for my cruise in June. With her help I have booked 3 shore excursions using viator.com. You must view only the shore excursions, because they offer a guarantee to get you back to the ship. There is also reviews for the excursions.

I am using a TA for my cruise in June. With her help I have booked 3 shore excursions using viator.com. You must view only the shore excursions' date=' because they offer a guarantee to get you back to the ship. There is also reviews for the excursions.[/quote']

Thank you Kristin's mom for this tip! I just took a quick look at viator; looks very good! :)

I will definitely search for some great excursions, thanks!

Thank you Kristin's mom for this tip! I just took a quick look at viator; looks very good! :)

I will definitely search for some great excursions, thanks!

I've booked my excursions through cruiseexcursions.com from recommendations. Not Bradley priced.

NCL have shuttle buses at the port to take you to the coach park and then pick up your coach from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk