Trieste, Italy

jlnprt

I was looking through an Oceania brochure today and saw a cruise that had a stop in Trieste, Italy ... dh's favorite Italian city. Unfortunately, the brochure was from 2016 and when I checked the Oceania site, I couldn't find any cruises that stop in Trieste. Anyone know if Oceania has stopped going there or if I'm just not searching the site correctly. Thanks for any help!!!

I was looking through an Oceania brochure today and saw a cruise that had a stop in Trieste, Italy ... dh's favorite Italian city. Unfortunately, the brochure was from 2016 and when I checked the Oceania site, I couldn't find any cruises that stop in Trieste. Anyone know if Oceania has stopped going there or if I'm just not searching the site correctly. Thanks for any help!!!

pagine_55112db5d98bd.jpg

Trieste is the busiest container port on the Adriatic, so the Italians relegate Cruise ships to nearby Venice.

marina_venice.jpg

Trieste makes a very pleasant day trip from Venice, 2 hours, and 20 Euros pp by Train, slightly longer and more expensive by car.

We've made that trip twice.

https://www.italiarail.com/pages/routes/venice-to-trieste-centrale

Oceania has no cruises presently scheduled for Trieste, but they do sail to Koper, which is a mere 7 miles from that city.

getPic?picId=16&confId=609

The bus is only 3 € from Koper to Trieste, but their schedules are infrequent unless you travel in high season.

Hope that this helped, and if you do get your husband to Trieste, please insist on visiting Mirimare.

foto_castello_miramare_101.JPG

....heartrendingly romantic.

Thanks so much for the info. I didn't realize Koper was so close by. I guess I was so intrigued with the idea of cruising to Trieste that I didn't look at the nearby ports. Dh has lived in and visited Trieste. I've only been there once. A lovely city and Mirimare is beautiful. Thanks again!

It doesn't seem like Trieste is on most itineraries intentionally. It's just a place where ships are built or go in for service. So the cruise will start or end there depending on when service is scheduled. But I really like Trieste, it's totally underrated.