Balcony Questions

perkygirl

Are the baclonies on Adventure of the Seas all glass like the Navigator?

If I am doing the Southern route which side of the ship is better, port or starboard?

Which balcony cabins are in a very good location? Hump, forward or aft?

If I am doing the Western route which side of the shipis better, port or starboard?

still trying to make up my mind!!

looks like it will be a balcony Adventure vs Navigator.

Hello... We had a hump balcony on the explorer of the seas. It was totally private with metal all around. Only way you could see your neighbors was to look over the railing but then you couldn't really see into their balcony, only if they were also looking over the railing. Hope this helps.

I believe on deck 6 on the AOS, the balconies are all steel with the wooden railing. On decks 7 and higher, the bottoms are steel with a 2 foot glass panel at the top so you can see when seated on the balcony. We have stayed in cabins 6230 and 7230, which are forward. What we like about them is they are in front of the lifeboats so you can see straight down to the water. I assume you would have a similar view from a hump cabin.

Quote: "We have stayed in cabins 6230 and 7230, which are forward. What we like about them is they are in front of the lifeboats so you can see straight down to the water."

:confused: We are sailing on our honeymoon cruise on Grandeur 2/11-15/06, and have booked suite 8020 - can anyone tell me if this is forward of the lifeboats? I can't tell from the view of the deck plans on the website. Thanks!

this will be my 2nd cruise and DH-to-be's first.

Mary Ellen

SovOS 1/23/26/03

GOS 2/11-15/06

On the Explorer the sides (dividers) between the next door balconies were made from a white corrugated material edged in metal. You would have to lean way out and stick your head around to see in the balcony next to you. I figured this was pretty private. You could hear others out on their balcony but not see them!

The font part of the balcony- looking out to the ocean had a wood railing and the bottom part was clear Plexiglas. Because of this, we had an awesome view of the sea from inside, as well as outside.

The Navigator is a sister ship to the Explorer so it would probably be the same:confused:

I think on the AOS and the EOS, the front portion of the balconies looking out toward sea contain more metal than those on the later Explorer class ships. I don't think the dividers between the balconies changed. If you are leaning against the railing of the balcony, you can see people doing the same to either side of you or directly below you. However, if you are seated on your balcony, it is pretty private (unless someone does lean around the divider).

Archived