Room Service ordering through TV

cfr70

PVP just got back to me again..(she's so quick!!)

"WOW new feature we just got. Yes you can order from the TV on the Liberty. You also are set up with the TTY that you can use for any request you should need"

So it's a brand new feature and probably why it's still not on all ships. Hopefully others here will check it out while sailing and report back here.

PVP just got back to me again..(she's so quick!!)

"WOW new feature we just got. Yes you can order from the TV on the Liberty. You also are set up with the TTY that you can use for any request you should need"

So it's a brand new feature and probably why it's still not on all ships. Hopefully others here will check it out while sailing and report back here.

Sorry, this may be a dumb question. But, What's a TTY? Do you have to get that just to order room service through the TV?

Sorry, this may be a dumb question. But, What's a TTY? Do you have to get that just to order room service through the TV?

Not at dumb question at all. TTY is "teletypewriter" and used in connection with phones to type and receive messages to the party on the other line. Mainly used in the 20th century for hard of hearing and deaf people, but with the advent of today's technology with text and e mail it's pretty much an obsolete machine.

I've never used them, but seen people who do and it's not needed for room service through the tv. I'm sure you just use the tv remote for that. My PVP is having it placed in my cabin if I need to contact Guest Services for anything, but I probably won't even use it, but good to have anyway.

Not at dumb question at all. TTY is "teletypewriter" and used in connection with phones to type and receive messages to the party on the other line. Mainly used in the 20th century for hard of hearing and deaf people, but with the advent of today's technology with text and e mail it's pretty much an obsolete machine.

I've never used them, but seen people who do and it's not needed for room service through the tv. I'm sure you just use the tv remote for that. My PVP is having it placed in my cabin if I need to contact Guest Services for anything, but I probably won't even use it, but good to have anyway.

Oh,okay. Thank you for answering my question. I didn't know that.

We ussd it on the Magic a few years ago as well as the Breeze last year and it was super easy and just as quick. SO many decisions! Lol! I LOVE it and my kids will get into it in July...I am sure!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Forums mobile app

Wow, a few years ago and my PVP needed a link because she never heard of it before. It seems this is something Carnival hasn't been promoting very much but a big hit with those that use it.

Thanks for sharing your experience with it! I really can't wait to try it out and be spoiled lol. Now if only all hotels would add this feature in the rooms i'd be in heaven!

Glad to see an easy way to order room service. We've cruised many times with family but this is the first time just me & my husband so we booked an aft facing balcony. I plan to eat breakfast on the balcony daily instead of fighting the lines at the buffet.

So I guess my next question would be: since there are so many of us who don't know how to use this feature/didn't know it existed, could someone who has had success walk the rest of us through where to find this feature on the TV?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

It's best to order something cold as toast is cold when you get it and not so yummy. Chips are hit or miss. Sometimes they are stale. Last week on Magic I got the dregs, all broken little pieces. There was about a teaspoon and a half of potato salad. I ordered on a sea day (dumb) and it took 50 minutes to get it. Don't forget to ask for salt, pepper or anything else you want.

Toast. I have NEVER had toast that might melt butter, Lido or otherwise. I give up to the fact that this "ain't gonna happen" !

Fact of life on board, eh?;p

So I guess my next question would be: since there are so many of us who don't know how to use this feature/didn't know it existed, could someone who has had success walk the rest of us through where to find this feature on the TV?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

I'd love to hear from someone who can walk us through it was well...Your post gave me the idea to search it out on You Tube but alas, nothing. Perhaps on my Dec. cruise i'll take a video of my ordering through the TV and upload it for everyone! :)

Anyone who has used the TV ordering option, once you complete your order does it give you an estimated wait time? Also, does anyone know if room service can be called from a ship phone outside our cabin? Say if I wanted to order lunch while still on the Serenity deck, so I can hang out for a few more minutes before heading back to the room. Adding it to the HUB would be AWESOME!! Has anyone ordered any of the options you have to pay for??

I'd love to hear from someone who can walk us through it was well...Your post gave me the idea to search it out on You Tube but alas, nothing. Perhaps on my Dec. cruise i'll take a video of my ordering through the TV and upload it for everyone! :)

I am on the Pride next month and I will give it a shot, for sure!

I am on the Pride next month and I will give it a shot, for sure!

Great! I'm really looking forward to seeing how this elusive tv ordering works that Carnival seems to not want everyone to know about lol. Thanks!