Atlantis San Diego to Mexico Cruise October 14 - 21, 2017

RBCal

Don't be surprised if we get HAL booking information day or so

Beyond a Tuesday to fill out. Happened few times to us. We're excited too, need the distraction

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely agree. I will state that Atlantis is very disorganized on the front end, as you can all see. They still haven't given everyone their reservation numbers to register on the cruise line site and we're less than 9 days until cruising. Some people have gotten reservation numbers, so guess what - they get to pick excursions before those who don't do. Hope nothing we want to do gets sold out.

Atlantis is such a fun time though. By the time you get on the ship you'll be relieved and it will feel nice, and you forgive them. I've met so many cool people of all walks of life on Atlantis that I still keep in touch with today.

Are there usually Bon Voyage parties the night before the cruise? I've only sailed RSVP out of FLL and there were many parties the night before in Wilton Manors.

Also, Atlantis has a reputation for attracting younger hard partying guys. I hope that more mature non-partying men are welcome too.

Atlantis has sort of two "crowds". I myself try to do be in both and I switch back and forth.

1.) Circuit Party Boys

2.) Broadway Boys

The first type above are party till they drop, non-stop, hard partiers. At every single party.

The second type goes to the shows, gambles, plays bingo, goes to the spa, and participates in any other non-party animal event.

I know this is a little bit generalized. But point being, there is basically something for everyone on Atlantis. If you don't wish to party your face off, you can find something else to do fairly easily and vice versa. There's always a mix of ages and bodies, so just have FUN!

Parties usually occur at a bar the night before the cruise. "Check back with Facebook" to see.

The "Dick Deck" is called "Deck 13" and it is present on all Atlantis ships. It is the highest desk on the ship. Probably across from the basketball court.

Good luck, see you onboard.

PS: For Deck 13 at nighttime, Atlantis takes over the lights and turns it pitch black and the cruise line "loses the camera footage by accident". Bring a glow stick unless you want to just see under the light of the moon.

That’s great, I have always found them responsive.. Often it the cruise line that hasn’t got all the booking in the system and back out to Atlantis. The downloaded into HAL system closer to when we get out booking number.

And found the folks at Atlantis reservations to great

I was one who did not get a booking number last week, I sent them an email and they answered right away with my HA: booking number. So that was good service......

Sometimes it depends on who you get. It's good for you that you have yours and your experience was a good one. ....When I emailed I didn't get one back nor any explanation and my loyalty is high - I'm a repeat customer who has brought them lots of money.

When I called them I got a sweet person who said he would take care of it and send me an email as soon as he got it.

It is very well documented on the interwebs that Atlantis is not organized so consider yourself lucky.

See you onboard!

That’s great, I have always found them responsive.. Often it the cruise line that hasn’t got all the booking in the system and back out to Atlantis. The downloaded into HAL system closer to when we get out booking number.

And found the folks at Atlantis reservations to great

Sometimes they pick and choose in my experience. And I'm nicer than most people. I've emailed before and never gotten a response back on a basic inquiry.

Recently, I've asked them what the deal is on such late registration and they lied to me in email. Atlantis has no competition therefore no need or desire to get better. They run the circuit on floating gay summer camp. They don't care if they've inconvenienced their loyal guests, "go somewhere else" is their West Hollywood attitude.

I'm thankful for them, it's a great thing. The union aspect is an important part of the experience.

But there are office issues and misinformation given from their associates that have worked there a long time and should know the policies.

Just check their reviews everywhere on the internet, there are several other guests that have been mistreated for no reason other than they can.

Due to the horrific fire storms that are as we speak burning down the towns and cities all around Sonoma County, I don't think I will be joining you. My home is safe for now, but the high winds over night promise to bring back the fire again. Santa Rosa, CA is under the direct threat of burning down leaving thousands with out their homes and business.....I don't think this is the time for me to cruise.

Due to the horrific fire storms that are as we speak burning down the towns and cities all around Sonoma County, I don't think I will be joining you. My home is safe for now, but the high winds over night promise to bring back the fire again. Santa Rosa, CA is under the direct threat of burning down leaving thousands with out their homes and business.....I don't think this is the time for me to cruise.

That's terrible, I hope the firestorm doesn't mega-impact you or your home. We will miss you on this cruise.

I was looking forward to meeting you.

And I hope you also get your money back from Atlantis but they are hard to deal with.

Because it is easy money for Atlantis and on a smaller cruise ship compared to almost all of their other MEGA ships.

You have to look at it from a business perspective.

1. To your own point, It is the off-season (full cruise ship chartering is cheaper at this time)

2. The probability that the cruise line will sell the ship out is much lower than Atlantis selling it out. Atlantis comes close to selling out every ship they charter.

(the objective of the cruise line is to sail a FULL ship to maximize profits and ancillary incomes). The full staff of 800 workers will serve a non-sold out ship of 700 passengers equaling money loss because the same 800 staffers would be required for a sold out ship of 1800 passengers. Workers of cruise ships are typically on 6-8 month contracts to stay on the ship and live and work for that period, so the staff of a ship does not get cut based on volume of people. It's always the same. If you own a McDonalds and it is not busy one night, you can cut your staff back and let people go home early - here you can't.

This point was long so to recap, in short, the cruise line wouldn't be sailing with a full ship anyway ...so it is better to let Atlantis charter it to sell out the ship and guarantee the Cruise Line an income of "cash flow positive" in a world where people decide money is tight so no vacation this year.

3. The itinerary is always the same on the Mexican Riviera cruise by Atlantis (Cabo, PV, Mazatlan) so it's easy to recycle the outline of events, ...and it is also more manageable to wrangle 1800-2400 guests on this mid-size ship than it is on all of the other HUGE Atlantis ships that host 5000 plus guests.

4. Modern cruise ships (anything Atlantis charters) have good technology to be able to tell where storms are, with enough lead time to get to safety and shift the itinerary. The itinerary can always be shifted per your agreement of carriage. No refunds or credits unless it is at the expense of the line or Atlantis (if you get anything back it would be just for good customer service and PR - they don't have to).

Also, realize that the Atlantis "Staff" that they bring on are volunteers. They get a free vacation, the one that you get. But not a lot more than that. They're fanboys. The only people that are paid on the Atlantis crew by Atlantis are the Cruise Director and the "Producer" and DJs.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your very thorough response.:D