Connecting electronic devices

Moon_dance

Hello! I will be sailing onboard the Reflection soon and I would like to know if I can connect my electronic devices on the TV that's in the cabin (concierge class if that makes a difference), like for watching my photos on a bigger screen or watching my videos! My devices are mostly USB, so does anyone know if it will work? Thanks a lot!

We were on the Reflection in February and were able to watch videos/tv shows/movies from a USB flash drive BUT we could not use the remote control in the cabin to change the source. We had to install a universal remote on our smart phone and set it to "Samsung" to use for switching source. I'm assuming this would work for other devices too but depending on compatibility it might or might not.

Thanks! It's good to know for the universal remote: I'll download one before we leave. Glad I have infrared on my cellphone, it will be useful! I wonder if I'll be able to watch stuff directly from my tablet? I guess I'll just bring a flash drive and transfer the videos I want to watch one at a time, to be sure! Thank you for your help!

We sailed Reflection in March. I unplugged the HDMI cord on the TV. The TV swings out to make this easy. Then I plugged in my Sony DVD player which has AV output into my AV to HD converter. Plugged that HDMI cord into the television. Voila! Got my dvds to play instantly on the television, using my Sony remote. To go back to ship TV, just turn everything off and replace the ship's HDMI connection.