Britannia cabin C731

JimJam39

No Selbourne I wouldn't say my experience of an aft cabin is completely negative. Just my honest opinion. We first had an aft on C deck on the second trip Britannia made. Everything was immaculate , fabulous steward and we loved it. The views leaving port are amazing and its a bit of a sun trap at the back. However on subsequent return visits the soot sadly was a problem. We tried a front suite last year and although it was huge and I loved the odd prosecco in the Jacuzzi and watching the whales pass by my other half was disappointed with the windy balcony that didn't have much sun and as he loves to sunbathe that poses a bit of a problem. we spent most of our cruise on the sun decks and didn't feel that we had the full benefit of such an expensive cabin. I do think that if you have an aft suite with an adjoining cabin that should be ideal. The balcony area will be enormous if you open up the adjacent balcony doors.Enjoy!

No Selbourne I wouldn't say my experience of an aft cabin is completely negative. Just my honest opinion. We first had an aft on C deck on the second trip Britannia made. Everything was immaculate , fabulous steward and we loved it. The views leaving port are amazing and its a bit of a sun trap at the back. However on subsequent return visits the soot sadly was a problem. We tried a front suite last year and although it was huge and I loved the odd prosecco in the Jacuzzi and watching the whales pass by my other half was disappointed with the windy balcony that didn't have much sun and as he loves to sunbathe that poses a bit of a problem. we spent most of our cruise on the sun decks and didn't feel that we had the full benefit of such an expensive cabin. I do think that if you have an aft suite with an adjoining cabin that should be ideal. The balcony area will be enormous if you open up the adjacent balcony doors.Enjoy!

Thanks. To be clear, I wasn't using the term 'negative' critically, or to imply that you were being unreasonable, simply that you had experienced adverse issues. I found your comments to be really informative. It's just interesting that, having read numerous comments and reviews from people who have stayed in the aft cabins or suites, people can have such varying experiences - even in exactly the same cabin. For example, we wouldn't book G deck rear for fear of noise from the Live Lounge directly beneath. I have read that some people have had their holidays ruined by horrendous noise yet others, in the same location, heard nothing. It's really difficult to know whether you are doing the right thing or are destined for a nightmare! Our daughters are in the adjoining aft facing balcony cabin to our suite. If I am bothered by the smell of smoke I may use their balcony and they can use ours (they will probably want to anyway as its significantly bigger)! We can't merge them into one as the divide is a fixed one, but at least that may screen me more from any odour issues! Whilst we love the front suites for the view (we make a private 'Crows Nest' in the vast bedroom) I know what you mean about the balconies. They are pathetically shallow (as are almost all side balconies on Britannia) and the overhanging bridge does cause shading quite a bit of the time. Not a problem for me as I don't sunbathe, but I can see that it would be for others.