NCL Escape - What would you do differently?

julie100

Actually the biggest problem with the elevators is the 4 elevators on each side are on different buttons. That's because they might go up, or down, a floor further on one side then the other. So some people hit one of the buttons and thus only call for half of the elevators. Then watch ones on the other side skip their floors. Meanwhile, other people hit buttons on both sides and jump on the first elevator that comes. That means the other side has a call button pressed so the elevator on the opposite side stops on the floor, even though no one is there to get on it.

It's a bad design of the elevator system.

Yes!!! I thought the people in the elevators, on our week at least, were very good at correcting for the multiple call issue. The elevators were quirky for sure, but not a huge issue at all. We actually found ourselves in good company on most of the elevators! We had a week with really fun, happy people I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually the biggest problem with the elevators is the 4 elevators on each side are on different buttons. That's because they might go up, or down, a floor further on one side then the other. So some people hit one of the buttons and thus only call for half of the elevators. Then watch ones on the other side skip their floors. Meanwhile, other people hit buttons on both sides and jump on the first elevator that comes. That means the other side has a call button pressed so the elevator on the opposite side stops on the floor, even though no one is there to get on it.

It's a bad design of the elevator system.

I agree, bad design. One side should go up and the other down. But if people used them properly it wouldn't be half as bad.

That said, its never been a big issue for me.

Also, people should use the stairs more. We use the stairs if it's only a few floors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack this thread; but, I just returned from my 2nd cruise on ESCAPE (Dec. 12-19, 2015) & April 22-29,2017. I have written a few times about the trip to Cane Garden Bay Beach. We did it again this last trip, and had an equally splendid time! Both times we went on a taxi / open truck style bus. We did not take an excursion with the cruiseline. We saved money, and had more time at the beach, both times. Search posts from me: ReaderDame

• 3 weeks later...
Great suggestions, thanks for the tips. Will definitely go to the Brat Pack based on your suggestions. Going to check in for the cruise and start to make reservations. I'll want to get us a week pass for the thermal spa, I've done that before. I'll pass on Tempayaki, I didn't think the food was that great for the money. I love Cagney's and anything on the Waterfront, it's so nice, even during the day to sit out there and enjoy the water view (in the shade with quiet vs. the pool area which is total chaos, but some like that). Cookie - we will be doing a charter in St. Thomas - we've done that before and it's the best way to spend a day for sure!

What are you doing in St Thomas,, is it handicap access by a scooter/wheelchair ?